Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so frustrated with this. I have been going through a hell of a time with this car. After changing the battery out. I have o sound from speakers. Everything else is working except sound. I did a hard reset with the negative cable, I held the two buttons to reset and I pushed in the reset button. It reset every time but still no sound. I read Bout an update to the UVO but I can't find it.
Car is a 2016 Cadenza Premium with 46k

·
Registered
123 Posts
make sure you haven’t blown a fuse, both in the engine bay fuse box, and the one underneath the steering wheel. if those are all fine the amp is on the passenger side metal wall of the trunk, you have to fold back the carpet lining. sounds like a fuse problem to me though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree with zjuretich. Check fuses. If I recall there are more one fuse for the system...like 3 or 4 if I remember right. Some for the amp, some for the "radio" some for the nav display, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went through all the fuses. I even downloaded a diagram to figure them all out. Still no sound

·
Registered
157 Posts
At this point I would take it to the dealer as you're still under warranty.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The issue with warranty, is the radio typically falls in the same place the paint does. 3 year 36,000. If you had extended the warranty to a kia 100k full coverage, it likely would cover radio issue, but not speakers. In this case it's likely a head unit issue. Which again, could be a bit of an issue if you are past the 36000 mile mark. I'd call ahead and ask...

Also check with the Kia preferred customer service line...they might be able to help identify what is and isn't covered

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to pull the head unit and amp this weekend. I'll reply with my findings.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you're going to do that, I'm going to go old school and suggest that it seems to me like the amp is not turning on...since you checked the main power fuses, I would suggest turning on the system and check for the presence of the amp turn on power feed. You said you have the pin outs so it is marked on one of the plugs (for the amp), I just forget which at this point without looking. Maybe the head unit is not outputting the +12v to turn it on? Maybe there are external fuses on the back of the head unit to check, might include the remote turn on for the amp.

Reactions: Oddball

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I fixed it. I disconnected the amp in the truck and tested for power. It was getting power. I reconnected it and it worked. I did check to see if the connections were tight before I unhooked the amp. Everything seemed ok., so it must of not been getting a solid connection? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
754 Posts
Interesting! If it was getting a good connection, I wonder if a disconnect on the battery would have done the same thing...I find it odd that the connector wasn't seated properly before your took it off. Seems pretty odd outcome, but regardless, it's working and you didn't have to go to the dealership!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts