Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through it and having to loose depreciation on my Cadenza because at 63,000 my windshield started to rattle and rock! I have to get a total replacement because and it has been classified as a manufacturer adhesive fail by all people I have taken my car to. The dealership would not fix it or offer me any solution, yet blamed it on the elements and referred me out. No one will reseal my windshield because there adhesive is not compatible with the Kia manufacture. The service department loves to use the term “unfortunately” and send you on your way! Mind you I have a bumper to bumper extended manufacturers warranty. Calling warranty and corporate Monday morning!

·
Registered
220 Posts
What year is your Cadenza? The windshield adhesive failure is very common it seems, especially on 2014's. It happened to mine. And a new windshield is very expensive, like $1500, but I'm sure you already know that by now.

I would never suggest insurance fraud but if you happened to have a $0 (or very low) comprehensive deductible and a stone just happened to hit your windshield, that would require a full replacement of the factory glass. Keep in mind, it may take several days to a couple of weeks for the local dealership to source one, even if you go through a glass company such as Safelite...the glass still has to come from the factory.

There are threads on here discussing that seal failure and at least one person has had luck getting their dealership to replace it but that was a very long and pain in the *** ordeal where he had to prove to the dealership that the windshield seal was leaking water down inside the car by the brake pedal area.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Initial warranty covered mine, 2014. Took a lot of times into the dealership to get them to figure out it needed to be pulled. They actually opted for a new windshield when it was said and done. No cost, but a lot of headache. I would expect an extended warranty "should" cover it, but who knows. Here's the thing, if you have comprehensive coverage with insurance, they will likely cover this as a damage claim. Depending on state, that would include zero deductible. Least hassle if the dealership option doesn't work out. Corporate Kia preferred customer service is also an option, 1855-542-7733.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Our 2015 had the same failure of the windshield adhesive. We purchased it used, and fortunately caught the problem within the first few days, so the selling dealer covered the replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year is your Cadenza? The windshield adhesive failure is very common it seems, especially on 2014's. It happened to mine. And a new windshield is very expensive, like $1500, but I'm sure you already know that by now.

I would never suggest insurance fraud but if you happened to have a $0 (or very low) comprehensive deductible and a stone just happened to hit your windshield, that would require a full replacement of the factory glass. Keep in mind, it may take several days to a couple of weeks for the local dealership to source one, even if you go through a glass company such as Safelite...the glass still has to come from the factory.

There are threads on here discussing that seal failure and at least one person has had luck getting their dealership to replace it but that was a very long and pain in the *** ordeal where he had to prove to the dealership that the windshield seal was leaking water down inside the car by the brake pedal area.

It is a 2015

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our 2015 had the same failure of the windshield adhesive. We purchased it used, and fortunately caught the problem within the first few days, so the selling dealer covered the replacement.
Yes that is what I have to! I was told by many window people this is a manufacturing failure for sure! The dealership wants nothing to do with it and the corporate office just took our complaint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Safe lite provided me with a quote on the same windshield with all sensors a after market life time warranty, the difference will be no Kia bug in the glass. The manufacturing company and dealership is acting like this is a unknown very uncommon issues with the Kia Cadenza (2015).

·
Registered
2 Posts
what are the indications of failure that you guys are seeing? I dont seem to have any issues (yet) but i'd like to know what to be aware of should something happen. i have a 2015 Cadenza... thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's common among '14 and '15 at least. Not sure about '16 and haven't heard of any windshield problems with '17 and up. There are several threads about this issue on this forum let alone other places also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
what are the indications of failure that you guys are seeing? I dont seem to have any issues (yet) but i'd like to know what to be aware of should something happen. i have a 2015 Cadenza... thanks
In my case, I was sitting inside the car during a rain storm waiting for my wife to finish her appointment, and water started dripping down on my left foot. However, there was no leaking at all while driving, just when sitting still. I did some research and came across the loose windshield issue. To verify it, I pushed outward on the windshield glass, at the top. I was shocked to find that I was able to move the windshield. I guess that there was no leak or wind noise while driving because the force of the wind was pushing the windshield onto the car and holding it correctly in place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2016 cadenza with 42k miles and 3 weeks after driving it noticed that the whole top of the windshield wasn’t sealed. It was bad. To the point where if I shut the door the windshield bounced! I actually thought it was due to a snow storm we just had but after reading into it, seems like a common problem.

I wound up filing an insurance claim as I thought it was the weather that damaged it, but the guy at the repair shop quickly realized it was a manufacture defect. He did not want me to drive off with it being this unsafe so he was going to attempt to reseal it for me, however when he took off the windshield noticed there was a crack at the bottom where the windshield rested against the frame. He said it was likely due to the pressure of the top of the windshield bouncing, and the insurance company covered it (otherwise it would have been a $1300 replacement).

Going through it and having to loose depreciation on my Cadenza because at 63,000 my windshield started to rattle and rock! I have to get a total replacement because and it has been classified as a manufacturer adhesive fail by all people I have taken my car to. The dealership would not fix it or offer me any solution, yet blamed it on the elements and referred me out. No one will reseal my windshield because there adhesive is not compatible with the Kia manufacture. The service department loves to use the term “unfortunately” and send you on your way! Mind you I have a bumper to bumper extended manufacturers warranty. Calling warranty and corporate Monday morning!

·
Registered
21 Posts
He said it was likely due to the pressure of the top of the windshield bouncing, and the insurance company covered it (otherwise it would have been a $1300 replacement).
wow im really glad that tthat was covered by your insurance there. that is not a cheap replacement for something that isnt your fault....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Safelite did a great job. It’s been a few weeks now since they replaced my windshield and it’s perfect now.
Now to get the rattling sunroof looked at... uggghhh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leaking rain water, when cleaning windshield from interior the glass will actually push off of the frame / rubber.

I Purchased my Cadenza from Mike Murphy Kia in Brunswick Georgia, my warranty was out by 4 months, I was prepared to pay thru the nose, service department called Kia (not sure who) but Kia motors did a "goodwill" repair to my Cadenza, replaced the windshield with new. Hats off to them for taking the extra step.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts