Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some browsing and I was curious about what changes, if any, has there been between the 2015 and 2016 Cadenza models.

I'm aware that the Surround View Monitor was a big addition for the Limited trim models recently, but has there been any other changes for 2016?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, what about changes from 2014 to 2015?

Specially Cadenza models with the Technology package. Any significant changes there?

I'm basically weighing either a Certified 2014 w/ Technology or a Non-Certified 2015 w/ Limited.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Now, what about changes from 2014 to 2015?

Specially Cadenza models with the Technology package. Any significant changes there?

I'm basically weighing either a Certified 2014 w/ Technology or a Non-Certified 2015 w/ Limited.

I honestly can't remember the changes anymore. The only one that comes to mine was a mid year addition of the 360 view camera.

Take a look at the Kia press release site - you can see the specs for each model year. Probably has the info you are looking for. Linked below are the 2014 and 2015 sites:

2014 Kia Cadenza Overview

2015 Kia Cadenza Overview

Click on Features & Options and it will list it our for you. In the top right you can switch between model years.

Actually look at the 2015 and click on "What's New." Good rundown I think:

- Technology Package available on Premium trim
- Panoramic sunroof available as standalone option on Premium trim
- New grille design and fender garnish on Limited trim
- Standard Flex Steer, Surround View Monitor on Limited trim
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert included in Technology Package; standard on Limited trim
- Interior enhancements including: LED room/map lamps, chrome trim finishes, wood grain with metal accents and new analogue dash clock design
- Standard eight-way power front passenger seat
- Rear armrest with cup holders and USB charging

The "Pricing" link lists out the package details as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome, thanks!

By the way, did anyone ever figure out exactly what it meant by "Flex Steer"?
Flex Steer is a program that allows you to pick from 3 steering modes...to enhance the steering feel...Comfort, Normal, Sport. It's on various models of Kias and Hyundais.

HOWEVER, it did not make it to the 2015 Cadenza Limited unlike the brochure said. I bought my 2015 Limited (mfg date of September 2014) in late December 2014...and it has all the new additions...extra wood grain, extra chrome, surround camera, rear cross traffic, new analog clock, LED interior lighting, rear armrest with cup holders and USB charging, redesigned grille, fender garnish, etc. BUT no flex steer...

Not sure if the later mfg dates actually added it or not. Maybe it made it to the 2016 Limited?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is there any way to visually look at a Limited's interior to see if you have Flex Steer or not?

For example, would it be a button on the console/dash/steering wheel or is it controlled through the infotainment system?

·
Registered
78 Posts
So is there any way to visually look at a Limited's interior to see if you have Flex Steer or not?

For example, would it be a button on the console/dash/steering wheel or is it controlled through the infotainment system?
It's usually a small button on the steering wheel (with a little steering wheel diagram). Similar to the one in this pic...think this may be from a Forte SX...and you just press to change the mode...normal, sport, comfort. I would think it would be similar on the Cadenza.

Attachments

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can see from a few samples that there is no button like that on the steering wheel on the new Limiteds. Perhaps it's access through one of the other buttons on the wheel such as "Mode"

That "mode" button is only for the Audio System functions (to scroll thru the AM/FM/SIRIUS XM modes)...nothing more.

If the newest Limited models truly have the Flex Steer now, then it would be a totally separate button to control its functions, or possibly embedded in the settings functions on the TFT dash screen.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ack! We have no new Limited owners here to chime in on this...Maybe they don't even know they have it. lol

Just to satisfy curiosity...

I went onto the Kia Tech Info website, and looked up the 2016 Cadenza Owners Guide...www.kiatechinfo.com

It DOES list FLEX STEER in the table of contents, and even lists the page for it...4-39. However, when you go to page 4-39, there is absolutely nothing mentioned about the function.

Oddly enough, my 2015 Owners Guide is a mirror image of the 2016 Owners Guide. My 2015 OG table of contents lists the same FLEX STEER as being on page 4-39 as well...yet nothing mentioned about it when you go to that page.

I know my 2015 Limited does not have the feature at all...

So...definite mystery...was it ever added to any of the later models, if not why call it out in the OG for '15 and '16?

:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I give up. Maybe it's a Canada thing because I just pulled up over a dozen 2015 and 2016 brand new Limited photos and none of them have that button in that location below the gear shift. Clearly the Limiteds have a spot for it but there's no button.

Oh well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.