Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blown speaker in the rear door lower location.
I'm having an issue finding something decent to put in there.

Crutchfield has PowerBass OE-6C but Im not familiar with that brand

I want to put in components that wont break the bank while keeping the rest of the system stock.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pretty sure you're not going to find anything that will sound comparable to OEM. My cheapest suggestion would be to replace both rear speakers so at least they will sound similar to each other and not affect the overall sound as much. I, also have never heard of that brand. Just go with an inexpensive Kicker, Sony or something like that. Nothing with titanium tweeters though, as that would be too bright for the back channel.

There are several threads on here where guys have changed out dash speakers, door speakers and the whole system, let alone adding subs. I don't recall which brands they went with but you could do a little digging and find out.

·
Registered
63 Posts

I want to put in components that wont break the bank while keeping the rest of the system stock.
Any ideas?
Infinity Reference speakers are a very nice option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok it seems the speakers in the rear door are wired together with a cap on the tweeter, unlike the front door each speaker is connected to the amp separately .
I haven't taken my door panels off. Has anyone checked the speakers for impedance?
I don't want to get 4ohm speakers and loose some volume if 2ohm is supported throughout
Crutchfield told me to stick with components and use it's crossover as the factory isn't crossedover.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I seem to remember reading somewhere (I think on here) the speakers are 2 ohm.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Any ideas?
To answer your question about the impedance of the OEM speakers, it is 2 ohms. I replaced all 4 door speakers with Infinity Reference coaxial speakers which are listed at 3 ohms (hard to find 2 ohm speakers). The sound upgrade was quite discernable and very much improved in clarity and range. I left the OEM tweeters in place (they still work) and I also replaced the center channel speaker in the dash with 4" of the same brand/line. There's a company called Massive Audio that has created drop-in replacement speakers for Kia/Hyundai cars, check them out as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok it seems the speakers in the rear door are wired together with a cap on the tweeter, unlike the front door each speaker is connected to the amp separately .
I haven't taken my door panels off. Has anyone checked the speakers for impedance?
I don't want to get 4ohm speakers and loose some volume if 2ohm is supported throughout
Crutchfield told me to stick with components and use it's crossover as the factory isn't crossedover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To answer your question about the impedance of the OEM speakers, it is 2 ohms. I replaced all 4 door speakers with Infinity Reference coaxial speakers which are listed at 3 ohms (hard to find 2 ohm speakers). The sound upgrade was quite discernable and very much improved in clarity and range. I left the OEM tweeters in place (they still work) and I also replaced the center channel speaker in the dash with 4" of the same brand/line. There's a company called Massive Audio that has created drop-in replacement speakers for Kia/Hyundai cars, check them out as well.
Do you remember the model you used?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts