Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Kia Cadenza and my sunroof exploded on 9/15/2020. On the highway going approximately 55 mile per hour, no semi's near, an explosive noise, then a shatter noise. Scared the hell out of me and passenger. Immediately pulled over to the side to investigate. Sunroof was closed during the explosion. Kia has denied being responsible for the problem. I have to pay my $300 deductible to get fixed. Now I am afraid to ride with Sunroof open. I have teenage daughters that drive my vehicle all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
WOW!!! That's so crazy! Sorry it happened to you and scared the sh$t out of you and your passenger, but I believe it would scare me too! I would be inclined to believe it was caused by a foreign object like a rock. I doubt it was caused by anything from the car as you were just driving along like you said. Now if it had happened as you pulled out of your driveway as the flexed over the gutter as so many of our cars do, then I would say Kia should take care of it. But in this case, I fully believe this was not the cars fault and just some broken glass and your insurance should cover it. Your deductible is always your choice. Mine is zero dollars for reference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts