Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 cadenza is overheating at high rpm’s, i will over heat driving over 50 mph i got ther tstat replaced and I’m still having this issues. I don’t see any leaks. Also when going up long hills the temp increases slightly, can someone please help? I can literally drive all day around town or under 50 mph so i don’t think head gasket but im not sure, bringing into dealer tomorrow, also my shift gear locked when i tried to put it in drive today, i notice the little yellow light flickering so im thinking it maybe a fuse, i will check to see if my brake lights come on. Im so over this car tbh

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
My 2015 cadenza is overheating at high rpm’s, i will over heat driving over 50 mph i got ther tstat replaced and I’m still having this issues. I don’t see any leaks. Also when going up long hills the temp increases slightly, can someone please help? I can literally drive all day around town or under 50 mph so i don’t think head gasket but im not sure, bringing into dealer tomorrow, also my shift gear locked when i tried to put it in drive today, i notice the little yellow light flickering so im thinking it maybe a fuse, i will check to see if my brake lights come on. Im so over this car tbh
Sorry you're having issues. Not sure what is going on based on your description. If you have an ODB scanner, that may shed some light. Otherwise, I'd wait to see what the dealer says.

·
Registered
2018 Cadenza Premium
23 Posts
Head gasket failure has many symptoms (depending on the actual failure of the gasket) and unfortunately, your description is one of them. You can buy a head gasket failure test kit for a relatively straightforward diagnosis. The test intakes gases from your overflow tank or radiator and if combustion gases are present, it'll turn the test fluid a different color.

Were there any preceding indicators of a problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Head gasket failure has many symptoms (depending on the actual failure of the gasket) and unfortunately, your description is one of them. You can buy a head gasket failure test kit for a relatively straightforward diagnosis. The test intakes gases from your overflow tank or radiator and if combustion gases are present, it'll turn the test fluid a different color.

Were there any preceding indicators of a problem?
UPDATE:
Dealership confirmed head gasket but they didn’t do a gas test, they said they seen bubbles in my overflow tank and when they hit the brake and the gas pedal the fluids came up. Idk how accurate that test is but i guess I’m paying $2400 they quoted me. i mean i guess it could be worst, i don’t think I’m going to buy a Kia again honestly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts