Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have anything to remedy the poor Bluetooth streaming quality? It's the same thing with my 2013 Hyundai Sonata, lots of "crackling" with high frequencies.

This is predominately inherent of Bluetooth compression, but this I'd like 2012 Bluetooth streaming quality....

Some folks over at the optima forums had similar complaints

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/23-entertainment-audio-navigation-electronics/79354-bluetooth-audio-quality-bad-2014-optima-hybrid-iphone-5-ios-7-music.html#/topics/79354?page=1&_k=2i8jjv

1. If you don't hear it you may just have a specific playlist of songs that do not live in this weak spot (instrumentals/synths sound horrible)

2. Or 2, you don't know what to listen for and you're incredibly lucky not to have noticed it yet.

Any improvements I could make (iphone users get to play through USB which obviously fixes the issue, but Android users are SOL?)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've never had issues streaming via Bluetooth. The sound quality has already been great and I've had several Androids since purchasing my 2014. From MP3's, FLAC and streaming from on-line services, no issues to report here..
Wish I could help.
Dave

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's not been especially bad for me at all either. Aside from losing a bit of sound quality (which you really shouldn't notice if you aren't a soundphile) there really isn't anything different with it. Never had any trouble with any of input devices sounding like garbage, whether wired or not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm interesting. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it (coming from Galaxy S4, S6 and iPhones 6, 6s, and 7)

That being said, my head unit is still like 3 versions old or so. It's still as it was in 2014, just haven't had the need to update it. Could be the culprit?

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Hmm interesting. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it (coming from Galaxy S4, S6 and iPhones 6, 6s, and 7)

That being said, my head unit is still like 3 versions old or so. It's still as it was in 2014, just haven't had the need to update it. Could be the culprit?
Could be, the release notes for the new versions usually say "Enhanced phone compatibility and audio function."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.