Kia Cadenza Forum banner

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium Ticking Noise Normal?!?!

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Yooshaw 
#1 ·
New to this forum! Just recently bought this Cadenza over a month ago and I’m hearing a ticking sound from the engine! Just curious to know if it’s normal with these cars or not.

#2 ·
Your's seems more pronounced with the hood up and cover off the top, but I hear some of that too with mine, 2014 over 80k. I have ran the engine with that cover off before and noticed it louder, but I can't compare that to what your camera mic is picking up, as again, it does seem a little more pronounced then what i remember. But some clicking is normal.

#3 ·
All engines with overhead valve trains make those "ticking" sounds. Depending on how many miles you have on your engine you may want to see about getting the valve lash (clearance) readjusted as this drifts with engine wear and makes that "ticking" sound louder over time. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it unless the sound changes.

Like MadMax I too have over 80k miles on my '14 and no issues mechanically.

#5 ·
I do not. I was thinking of looking into it (seeking professional advise and pricing) when I hit 100k. Pure guessing maybe in the $500 range. If any mechanics wish to speak up with a better estimate, I'd like to know as well. Thanks

#7 ·
If you watch (and listen) to the video, it has nothing to do with the cold rattle issue. That is completely different sounding and lasts only a few seconds after starting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.