Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is wondering there has been a map update since August 2014 from MnSoft for the navigation system.

Newest version is 07.48.41.002 V8.5
Previous version was 07.43.43.004 V8 (August 2014 release)

Please go to:
SD Matrix

United States:
2014 KIA Cadenza Map Update - Map Updates

Canada:

I hope this is helpful. I am waiting for my dealership to update my navigation as I purchased my car in December and a really old version USA.05.45.48.006 when I received the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skip it, unless dealer will do the update for free.
Stupid price for what you get, a real rip-off.
I know. Getting the dealer to cover at least this one update. Check out the Canadian pricing.. Just under $300 CAD.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If anyone is wondering there has been a map update since August 2014 from MnSoft for the navigation system.

Newest version is 07.48.41.002 V8.5
Previous version was 07.43.43.004 V8 (August 2014 release)

Please go to:
SD Matrix

United States:

Canada:

I hope this is helpful. I am waiting for my dealership to update my navigation as I purchased my car in December and a really old version USA.05.45.48.006 when I received the car.
thank you for posting. I checked the us version website for my question, but not addressed there.

does this version have the feature which automatically acknowledges the I Agree screen we all hate?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update.... brought my car in for my first service (oil change) and they installed the newest software update (8s31_39 v8.5, 07.48.41.002). So finally the new subdivision next door to my house which was built 3 yrs ago, is finally showing. Also the "Agree" menu does turn off after 8-10 seconds. We don't have UVO here so I don't worry about that. Kia Canada flipped the bill on the update as I said from the day I received the car, the PDI should have included the newest software, or I would have been $300 CND.

Nice work Kia Brampton

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Current map release 7.48 in a minor"point" update to the major map release each September. Probably adds some new POIs and fixes some bugs (and might introduce some new ones!)

I purchased my Cadenza last August with installed vers 6.41. Dealer provided free upgrade to September release 7.43. This added major benefit of retiring the "I do" screen after about 5 sec. Not many other benefits. Also introduced some bugs in text editor. Perhaps new release 7.48 fixes these.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased my Cadenza in early Feb. I requested that the update be made, since my maps were over a year old. The dealership agreed, and now i've got the new update. It's nice seeing the "I Agree" go away without having to push the button. Now if I could just get the voice control to search a little better....

·
Registered
79 Posts
V8 was $189, didn't see what they were charging for v8.5, but it's apparently $50 because the total in cart is $139 not $89.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
My map is from 2013... Bought the car in Feb... Dealer said they'd upgrade it if broken...

I told them that's like me buying an iPhone 6 from Apple, and getting it with iOS4...

So far my service experience has been far less than... VIP or Luxury... unless VIP stands for Very Incompetent People... Then I have had a ton of them helping me...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Met with a real jackass of a service advisor at Fuller Kia in Chula Vista, CA. I just bought a remaining 2014 Cadenza off the lot last week, and, thanks to this forum, noticed that the map data was woefully out of date. I brought the car in to the dealer, since I was also missing the navigation manual. Spoke to the service advisor, and explained that the salesman agreed with me that even though the 2014 was last year's model, it was brand new and I was entitled to whatever the latest map update was available. He looked up my VIN, pulled up his screen, and said that no map update was available. I showed him this website on my phone, yet he was like a broken record, saying that there was no update available. I told him all I really wanted out of the update was to see the Agree screen go away on its own, and that sent him into another "denial tizzy", saying over and over again how that screen was mandatory and couldn't be set to go off automatically. Showing him the comments here had no impact.

I eventually went back to the sales side, and they were a lot more sympathetic. They said that I was entitled to the new map, and that they would pay for it. I asked to speak to a manager in service, and he agreed to order me a new SD card. I even convinced him to hold off for 3 weeks, since v9 was due out June 1. In the end, I'm getting what I want, but not at all pleased with the first service advisor's attitude and response.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Complain about him at the Cadenza Owner Customer Service special phone line 1-855-542-7733. You may need service again and if you are going to that dealership, he will give you the same crap again.
the special cadenza customer service will call the dealership about him for you. Dealerships don't like to get bitched at by our customer service, goes on their record. Bet he acts different next time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good idea. I probably won't use this service department in the future, so I'll see how it goes when the update comes in. I'm going to just ask for the manager from now on at this dealerahip. Aside from this map update and the first oil change, I probably won't be back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can do that and I found Kearney Pearson or North County Kia a lot more accommodating to the issues. I don't know if they'll give you a free update although when i contacted the service line they helped me out with the update.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts