Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kia download tool wizard doesn't list a 2104 Cadenza as an option when trying to go through the steps to download the SW onto an SD card. Is upgrading the infotainment SW (maps) even doable at home on a 2014 Cadenza? Any help appreciated.
--steve

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes...in fact there have been several available updates over the years. Only difference is that they were never available for download, you had to order an SD card to be sent to you via regular US mail for about $25. And in retrospect, that is super cheap for map updates vs other manufacturers which typically charge hundreds.

I don't know the web page off the top of my head but do a search on the forum and you'll definitely find the info. Maybe even Google will help you out.

Reactions: DreckTL and joegr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super helpful and thanks to you both. Just ordered. Question: Do you know if this includes updates to the software overall or just the maps? I have had a few bugs in the infotainment system from time to time and am wondering if this update will help with the performance or functionality overall or if it's just the maps.

Thanks again for the help.
--steve

·
Registered
96 Posts
Super helpful and thanks to you both. Just ordered. Question: Do you know if this includes updates to the software overall or just the maps? I have had a few bugs in the infotainment system from time to time and am wondering if this update will help with the performance or functionality overall or if it's just the maps.

--steve
It looks like this one is really just map updates since the update earlier this year. However, if you haven't updated in the last year or two, you are in for some major software updates as well. It will bring you up to the current version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL. I have had the vehicle for like 3.5 years or something and NEVER updated ANY software. AFAIK, it's the original SW from when it was produced in 2013 :) Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL. I have had the vehicle for like 3.5 years or something and NEVER updated ANY software. AFAIK, it's the original SW from when it was produced in 2013 :) Thanks again for the info.
Oh, so do you have to press okay on the legal warning screen every time? Several updates ago, they sort of fixed that. Now it goes away on its own after several seconds.
This describes at least some of the changes, but not all of them: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiZnb_Y2Nf0AhUpTTABHU1WD6QQFnoECA0QAQ&url=https://www.mapnsoft.com/kia/pub/media/pdfs/v15.0/Kia_V15_New_Map_Features_S3.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1j8BWd-1KcgI-TBkFPem8J

·
Registered
148 Posts

--steve
If you've never updated, it'll give some updates, like lowering audio volume while in reverse, removing the warning screen after 10-15 seconds, etc.
It's a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes...in fact there have been several available updates over the years. Only difference is that they were never available for download, you had to order an SD card to be sent to you via regular US mail for about $25. And in retrospect, that is super cheap for map updates vs other manufacturers which typically charge hundreds.

I don't know the web page off the top of my head but do a search on the forum and you'll definitely find the info. Maybe even Google will help you out.
I will tip this to my buddy for his new Cadenza. The last time he checked the map, it is not updated. We're waiting for it to return from the installation of the new tires from 4 Wheelonline plus the alignment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts