Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've got access to the parts needed to convert the manual parking break in my 2014 Cadenza to the Electronic one. Has anyone tried this yet? If so, is it worth it?

Also, my passenger seat doesn't have ventilation, just heat, but I've found the button panel and wanted to know if anyone has noticed a difference module wise on the under-side of the passenger seat of the ones with ventilation vs without?

I can put the button in place, as it comes with the Electronic Parking Break panel, and even if it doesn't work, I feel it will look cleaner, but if I could get it to work, that'd be even better.

Thoughts?

-Scynthyace

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm not sure on the electronic parking brake - I'm not aware of anyone that has tried to convert.

I also have an early 2014 with no passenger side ventilation. Our passenger seat is missing the blower motor and duct work that is required (looked this up in the shop manual). It may be possible to add it to the existing seat, but unsure if the seat designs changed when they started including the ventilation on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There's electric motors at the rears to engage the parking brake...it's likely a lot of wiring that will need to be routed inside to out, and stuff under the console that isn't there now. It just seems like an awful lot of work for something that's not often used...

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to have to see if I can order a seat with the motor and duct work.

They added it in the late 2014 model, right?

-Scynthyace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts