Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I’mnew to the forum, I’m driving a 14 Cadenza Limited, I was wondering how to adjust headlight levels. Specially high beams driver side is way too up and I don’t want to blind others

· Super Moderator
924 Posts
Going off memory, there are seperate hi and low beam adjustors. Both are accessible with a screw driver from the top of the headlight assembly. Again, from the top (no the rear), Look for a small funnel opening just large enough to fit a phillips head screw driver. Insert screw driver into the funnel and turn to adjust up and down.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going off memory, there are seperate hi and low beam adjustors. Both are accessible with a screw driver from the top of the headlight assembly. Again, from the top (no the rear), Look for a small funnel opening just large enough to fit a phillips head screw driver. Insert screw driver into the funnel and turn to adjust up and down.
I’ll check and brb, probably will make photo if possible thank you 🙏🏼

· Registered
1 Posts
Wondering the same as well, I replaced my hid with much brighter led. Now I blind anyone in oncoming traffic as well as driving behind them. I get flashed high beams everyday so I’d like to figure out how not to blind others 😂

· Super Moderator
924 Posts
Wondering the same as well, I replaced my hid with much brighter led. Now I blind anyone in oncoming traffic as well as driving behind them. I get flashed high beams everyday so I’d like to figure out how not to blind others 😂
There's no way your led bulb is "brighter" than the HID bulb. The projector in the headlight was optically engineered to focus the light of an HID bulb, which emits light in a much, much different way than LED bulbs. Your issue is more than likely related to the led bulb, unfocused in the projector, bleeding light to locations it shouldn't - and why you are being flashed by oncoming traffic.

There is left right adjustment but couldn’t figure how to up and down. I wish it’s simple not with computer ☹
This is the only pic I have off hand. The yellow circled areas are the up/down and left/right adjustors (sorry, can't remember which is which). This pic is the driver side headlight. The dust cover shown is the high beam. In both, you can adjust either from behind the headlight, or from the top of the headlight with a phillips screw driver (annotated with the arrows). I think the top right is the up/down, and the left one is left/right, but I might be wrong.

Automotive tire Gadget Automotive wheel system Engineering Computer hardware

· Super Moderator
924 Posts
Found a better pic. I was mistaken on the top right near the high beam - it can only be adjusted from the rear with a phillips screwdriver.

The left side is best adjusted from the top (direction of arrow) with a phillips head screwdriver. Stick the screwdriver through the funnel. When the screwdriver bottoms out, just turn to adjust.

Furniture Table Chair Automotive tire Bumper

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a better pic. I was mistaken on the top right near the high beam - it can only be adjusted from the rear with a phillips screwdriver.

The left side is best adjusted from the top (direction of arrow) with a phillips head screwdriver. Stick the screwdriver through the funnel. When the screwdriver bottoms out, just turn to adjust.

View attachment 8013
Yaaaay thank you but unfortunately car wash screwed up my transmission module today :((

1 - 10 of 10 Posts