User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Suspension Clunking

Iím pretty sure I remember reading up about this on a different forum a bit ago, but I canít find it for the life of me. My driver-side rear suspension makes a clunking noise over bumps. I havenít noticed any different drivability, but is this an issue I should worry about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Worry? Probably not. Seek attention, yes! Anything abnormal is a sign of something, ugh...not normal! LOL I don't recall reading about it so I can't help with finding the thread but especially if it's under warranty I would make a visit to your dealer. Clunking in the suspension usually means something like a bad bushing or loose bolt. I wouldn't wait too long before investigating personally.

2014 SXL, only mods are after market rims due to recall.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Be 100% sure it's nothing in the spare tire well. A loose tool, perhaps even a loose spare. Also one thing I noticed in the past, I have a speaker box pushed up against the back seat, and i used to shove the car owners manual between it and the carpeted bottom of the rear window shelf, so there was pressure pushing up from the box into that inside bottom cover. Used to make all kinds of creaking noises over soft bumps...removing the jammed in manual got rid of that sound, but I thought it was something much more complicated until I figured that out. All I'm saying, be 100% sure what you are hearing isn't something other than suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Iíve checked the rear tire well, and it shouldnít be anything else rattling around. It only happens when there is a or of suspension travel, smaller bumps (no matter how harsh) donít do anything. Speed bumps, large dips in the road, or driveways are the only times it pops. Maybe Iíll jack my car up this weekend and check it out