Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
If you read my thread, you'll see going to the dealership many times, telling them initially what I thought it was, and even told by an expert that it was from a wire i ran from the battery through the grommet in the firewall. All because they will inspect/diagnose, or take coffee breaks all day, it takes a unique situation to show it's leaking. I happened to be driving near the dealership during a torrential rain, pulled in, found my adviser, which needless to say, the adviser is your golden ticket, you get one that you can communicate well with, he will get things done for you that other customers can't...after that windshield st!t, he and i are tight, i tell him what I think it is, and he works from there and gets it done, even with that we still had to wait a few weeks for the windshield even. What I'm getting at...there are easier ways to get a windshield replaced...
Hi @MadMax and @andrewjs18,

I have a 2014 cadenza and I have the same issue (water leaking at the drivers left foot under heavy rain) but after multiple visits to the dealership they could not replicate it and now the KIA preferred line doesn't believe me either. Can either of you provide some information on which KIA dealer performed the windshield replacement for you so that my service advisor can contact them and find out how they replicated the issue for you.

Andrew, I actually PM'ed you before about this issue a couple of months ago from a different username. Did you take your car to the dealer for an inspection? Were they able to replicate this issue for you?

Any help in this issue(how to replicate or which KIA dealer performed the windshield replacement etc,) will be massively appreciated. I have been to the dealership 4-5 times now and i am at my wit's end about this issue.

Thanks
Varun
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
I'll PM the dealership info. Man, you're inches close to the end of the full coverage warranty having a 2014. That is going to be part of your problem getting coverage. Again, the best thing you can do is plan to drive by the dealership during a rainstorm, call the service advisory have him meet you in their driveway...once they see water pouring down, they can't dispute it with a failed leak test...it's fukin leakin yo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun Bhargava View Post
Hi @MadMax and @andrewjs18,

I have a 2014 cadenza and I have the same issue (water leaking at the drivers left foot under heavy rain) but after multiple visits to the dealership they could not replicate it and now the KIA preferred line doesn't believe me either. Can either of you provide some information on which KIA dealer performed the windshield replacement for you so that my service advisor can contact them and find out how they replicated the issue for you.

Andrew, I actually PM'ed you before about this issue a couple of months ago from a different username. Did you take your car to the dealer for an inspection? Were they able to replicate this issue for you?

Any help in this issue(how to replicate or which KIA dealer performed the windshield replacement etc,) will be massively appreciated. I have been to the dealership 4-5 times now and i am at my wit's end about this issue.

Thanks
Varun

Hi @Varun Bhargava,

I had my Cadenza in to get the backup camera replaced under warranty and then the general maintenance stuff done this past Wednesday morning. While there, I asked them to try to replicate the leak, mentioning that it's happened several times now and that others (mentioned this forum) have had this exact same issue as well and had to get their windshields replaced. They ran my car through their car wash 2-3 times, but unfortunately, like what you're dealing with, they couldn't replicate the issue.

I think the best way to try to replicate this issue is to grab a hose and run water around the windshield at different places and from different angles until you can try to "force" the issue and can help pinpoint it. The piping that runs to my hose is currently broken or I'd be doing this as well.. My car is up inspection in August so I'm hoping I can replicate this issue before then so they can replace my window, THEN install the new stickers..

keep us posted if you're able to figure something out! perhaps there's a spot on, or around the windshield, that is more problematic than others. I wonder if the sunroof could be a factor here too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I'll PM the dealership info. Man, you're inches close to the end of the full coverage warranty having a 2014. That is going to be part of your problem getting coverage. Again, the best thing you can do is plan to drive by the dealership during a rainstorm, call the service advisory have him meet you in their driveway...once they see water pouring down, they can't dispute it with a failed leak test...it's fukin leakin yo!
I wish the leak was that easy to duplicate. I haven't had any water get in by the emergency brake in a few months now, and I'm not exactly sure how to replicate it yet... it's been raining a lot here in PA these past few months so I was hoping it'd be a common occurrence, as bad as that sounds...

Last edited by andrewjs18; 06-14-2019 at 03:39 AM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
@Varun Bhargava were you able to get anywhere with Kia?

I haven't had any issues with water dropping down onto my foot for a few months now, but we've had bad storming here in SE PA the last few days. when pulling out of my driveway on Tuesday afternoon to run some errands, water dumped down onto my foot:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page