User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
A/C Problem

Tried searching but couldn't find any mention of this....
Driving yesterday, 4 adults in car, Temperature outside was 88 F, Air conditioning on full blast, recicirculate button depressed; car would not cool down. Air coming out of vents was cool, not cold, and was not getting vented at full force despite setting on max. Went to dinner - 2 hours later driving home in the dark - everything was back to normal re: cold air and sufficient cooling.

Never happened before. 2014 with 45,000 miles. Zero problems.

Anyone else with a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
if you have the fan up all the way... it travels too fast for the ac to cool the air.... cut the speed down a notch or 2 and see if it cools better

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
I've brought this up before somewhere but I also notice lackluster performance from my AC. Sometimes it's really nice, most of the time though it's mediocre. I attributed it to my soft driving as it gets colder when you floor it (with pretty much any car). Just weird because my buddies Prius will just about freeze us out.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
id take it in and show the service department... if you complain about it enough, maybe they'll replace it

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
The only issue I have had with my HVAC is when I put it in Auto, it turns off Recirculate, and sometimes I don't want to smell the exhaust, so I turn recirculate on and its fine, other times it wont let me, I turn off auto and I still can't enable recirculate, doesn't matter what settings I put it on. I have to completely stop, shut off the car, wait 5 minutes (I have timed it and tried at 30 second intervals), and then it'll allow me to turn recirculate on and off again freely.

No clue what controls it, but it happens once a month or so, and since I only drive the car on weekends when I am in town, I haven't noticed it as much.

-Scynthyace
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have experienced this randomly, with an issue that the coolant fans fail to turn on or off with the car. I have done some digging and it appears to be known issues with fan relays but the dealer has never been able to reproduce.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I just purchased a 2016 Cadenza, and noticed the A/C is cool but not ice cold and it struggles to cool the car down. I have a feeling if I take it into the dealer while its under warranty, they're just going to tell me it's normal. But it should definitely be colder than it's blowing.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaxgoaly8 View Post
I just purchased a 2016 Cadenza, and noticed the A/C is cool but not ice cold and it struggles to cool the car down. I have a feeling if I take it into the dealer while its under warranty, they're just going to tell me it's normal. But it should definitely be colder than it's blowing.
Since it's a new vehicle to you there's some things you should check, just speaking from experience.

Are you noticing cool but not cold air when using Auto or Manual A/C, or both? If you turn off Auto (either pushing the Auto button, manually changing fan speed, manually changing the mode) the manual A/C is not automatically turned on. So if either Auto or the Manual A/C is not engaged you will not get cold air.

If Auto is engaged, what is your temperature set at and what is the current temperature in the cabin? I've been told when using Auto that as the temperature in the cabin gets closer to the temperature you would like it at (set temperature) the fans and/or temperature lower so as to keep the cabin around the temperature you have it set to.

Pick yourself up a A/C Test Thermometer, should be able to find one under $10 at your local auto store. Stick that in the center of one of your vents and run your A/C for a little while with Manual A/C turned on. Then you have an idea of how your A/C is performing.

Iaw94117
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Had my AC compressor replaced at around 55000 miles. Used to kinda cool, but now it cools great. Get it checked out under warranty for certain.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks. I'll get it looked at soon. I appreciate the responses.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page