Chatter/Rattle Noise from engine after cold soak - Page 8 - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Yeah, I called the preferred line the day before my appointment, and what do you know, this time they heard the rattle. Had the car there overnight one other time, and also mentioned the sound at every oil change there, this time they opted to do the repair. Not sure it the kia line did all that for me, but I like to think so. They got the parts same day, so they've been working on it for 2 days. Picking up the car Saturday if there are no complications between now and then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 10:29 AM

Picked the Cadenza up Saturday morning, had it cold start several times since, quite as a real car...should have had this done sooner. It even sounds better when running, even WOT, it's just a better experience.
post #73 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I have put about 2300 miles on my Cadenza since the TSB was done and my rattle is back. How many of you guys have had the TSB done twice?

2014 Kia Cadenza, Smokey Blue and Beige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
I have called two dealerships in my area a few months ago and they both said there was a national back order on the parts. Maybe I should try again. The rattle at my startup is actually kinda scary loud to me now, I swear it has gotten louder.
post #75 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 09:08 AM

My dealership had the parts in hand same day. Dropped off car the night before so it could sit, they diagnosed next morning, had parts by end of day. Finished late on second day.
post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My selling dealer was very off putting when I discussed this warranty work with them. I ended up going to dealer a little closer where I have my 2015 Sonata regularly serviced. They were great and even printed out the TSB for the inspection. I dropped the car off on a Monday morning, the problem was identified later that day. They tried to overnight the parts, but they did not get there until Thursday and I picked the car up on Friday. They also put my in a full size rental for the week. The car now seems to idle more quietly in the cold after the repair.
post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Garage
I was perusing the NHTSA website and found this manufacturer communication:

October 17, 2018 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: PS320_R1
Components: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
NHTSA ID Number: 10147326

Manufacturer Communication Number: PS320_R1

Summary

PITSTOP: ROUGH IDLE AFTER COLD START ON 3.3L GDI ENGINE - When addressing a customer complaint of rough idle, which occurs only on the first start of the day and lasts for 30-45 seconds, check for the possibility of poor injector performance in a particular cylinder. This concern may feel like a misfire, however, it is not an emissions or catalyst damaging misfire and it does not typically trigger any DTC(s). To diagnose this concern, go to KDS ? Data Analysis ? Engine and monitor for Current Misfire Counts on all 6 cylinders, during the first cold start in the morning, to assist in determining which cylinder is responsible for the rough idle condition. Replace only the injector for the affected cylinder. To verify the repair, recheck again after an overnight cold soak to make sure the rough idle condition is no longer present.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rattle Update.JPG (106.7 KB, 14 views)
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooshaw View Post
I was perusing the NHTSA website and found this manufacturer communication:

October 17, 2018 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: PS320_R1
Components: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
NHTSA ID Number: 10147326

Manufacturer Communication Number: PS320_R1

Summary

PITSTOP: ROUGH IDLE AFTER COLD START ON 3.3L GDI ENGINE - When addressing a customer complaint of rough idle, which occurs only on the first start of the day and lasts for 30-45 seconds, check for the possibility of poor injector performance in a particular cylinder. This concern may feel like a misfire, however, it is not an emissions or catalyst damaging misfire and it does not typically trigger any DTC(s). To diagnose this concern, go to KDS ? Data Analysis ? Engine and monitor for Current Misfire Counts on all 6 cylinders, during the first cold start in the morning, to assist in determining which cylinder is responsible for the rough idle condition. Replace only the injector for the affected cylinder. To verify the repair, recheck again after an overnight cold soak to make sure the rough idle condition is no longer present.

My 2014 with 48k miles is doing this. How much will this repair set me back out of warranty?

Should I take the car in?

Or should I simply ignore it as the ratte disappears after a few seconds?
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
With it being a TSB, as in a KNOWN ISSUE by Kia, I wouldn't think you would be charged. Call the preferred line and bring up TSB 148 and ask them, that will be your best bet. I would suggest this route over just going to the dealership any day.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh30469 View Post
With it being a TSB, as in a KNOWN ISSUE by Kia, I wouldn't think you would be charged. Call the preferred line and bring up TSB 148 and ask them, that will be your best bet. I would suggest this route over just going to the dealership any day.

Your reply gives me hope. Thank you!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "preferred line"?

I am based in Canada

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page