2020 Cadenza revealed...worth the wait? YESSS! - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
2020 Cadenza revealed...worth the wait? YESSS!

2020 K7 Revealed, LCD instrument Cluster like the K900...foglights look amazing, center LCD looks much sharper...this better be coming to the USA Soon!

https://www.motor1.com/news/354284/2...evealed-korea/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Are we getting rid of physical buttons? If most of the infotainment/climate controls are going touch that's an automatic no for me. I do see there are still buttons/knobs here but I'd be interesting to see what all they are and what may have gone touch/digital.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
I switched to a KIA K900, then to a GENESIS G90. If they ever offer the 3.3TT in the Cadenza, I will switch back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Watched a few videos over the weekend, that lower bumper light is not a fog light, but the LED turn signal. Other than that, I'd still go for it. It's disappointing to see so many cars moving away from the lower fog lights. I get it, the lighting above is more then adequate this day and age, but that look a 4 light front end offers is always nice...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Eh, not a fan of the exterior. The front grille looks like someone hit it and dented it in, and the overall look of the car is boring. Looks like they implemented dash camera(s) into the rear view mirror which is a nice touch, and something I think every new car should have. The LCD for the car stereo is wayyyy too long, should be a portrait layout instead of a landscape layout.. It's going to be awkward trying to tap on something on the very right of the screen. Should have taken example from Tesla's portrait large screen. I'll be sticking with my '14 Cadenza for a while more
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Hmm, 2.5 & 3.0 liter engines for Korea. I wonder if we'll get the 3.0 (with similar power to the current 3.3). A 3.0TT would be nice. :-)

'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:00 PM

I can't understate how much I HATE having a backup cam in the mirror. It looks like garbage to me and the screen is really small. I know there are arguments for having them up there but I don't like it personally. And I think the redesigned Cadenzas ('17+) have been really bland and just blended into the crowd. I honestly couldn't tell you if I've seen a '17+ Cadenza driving around because it looks like a slightly larger Fusion. I wish they still stood out a bit more like our earlier models did.

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Not sure where you've seen a picture with the rear camera screen in the mirror with these. Again, I have not seen a single picture that shows the screen in the mirror. I've been in a 2018 limited Cadenza and both breeds of the 2019 K900, and neither of them offer the camera screen in the mirror as I recall.

As to the standout, I agree, the side panels of the second generation were a little bland, and the front and rear didn't stand out quite as much. But I've seen them on the road, they are sharp looking cars. I never liked the quad LED fogs on the Limited, for 2 reasons, it looks odd, and also they only look right straight on, if you're one lane over it seems that their direction or shroud are cutting off the main beams from the farthest away light, and it looks like it's either off or aimed very poorly.

But this 2020 sneak peek, the front end looks so sharp and standout, it kills the front end of both of the previous models. I also HATED the white running light tube in the first gen. That thing was never bright enough to run as a DRL and really just looks awful on any other color then white. the Tube just looks like an after thought. Also the black grill on the first gen from any distance looks like a vacant hole. I got the Chrome OEM grill and it makes the car stand out, but without it, I don't think black grill has any prowess other then when you're standing under 10 feet from the car.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

You can't tell me that this front grill doesn't stand out!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 06:13 PM

It stands out alright but boy that this monstrous... and I'm not sure it's in a good way yet, I'll need to see it in person. It does look slightly aggressive, so sort of nice at the very least. I haven't seen anything about the backup cam in the mirror, I was going off what another user said, I just hate that idea. And I really like the black grille, I hated the chrome one that I saw. The black looks great from a distance to me on all the Kias, I think it's a great design (tiger nose grill in black). And I really like my white brow light, I think it adds a bit of sophistication to our cars and looks great at night, it really stands out. I do wish it were brighter and useful in the day, the fact that we don't have DRLs is a bit annoying. I'm also not a big fan of white cars, you're on the wrong side of the design line MadMax :P

I wonder if they're ever going to address the sooty engines...

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Racing sport pedals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page