• 1 Post By rpjr1970
  • 2 Post By MadMax

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Random Beeping While Driving

Hello all, new (used) Cadenza owner here. I recently purchased a 2014 SXL on the used market about 2 months back. I have encountered on a handful of occasions my Cadenza randomly making a beeping noise while I'm driving. I can not figure out as to why it is beeping. It sounds like the Lane Departure beeping/chime, however I have turned that feature off and it still persists randomly. I can not figure out what I'm doing while driving that would cause this. There is no dash indicator, nothing displays along with the noise. It just gives 3-4 beeps and disappears. But they are loud enough to be startling while driving and I don't like the unexpected anxiety.

I tried to google this issue for Cadenzas/Kias and didn't find much out there.*One result said it could possibly be the bluetooth... connection error with phone. I have since turned off my bluetooth on my phone, hoping that fixes it. But there's no way for me to test it as I don't know what I'm doing to cause it.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If you activate your turn signal and the blind spot monitor for the same side triggers, you get a tone that is similar (but not exactly the same) and the lane departure warning. I notice this mainly in the outside of multiple turning lanes with other car(s) in the inner lanes.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegr View Post
If you activate your turn signal and the blind spot monitor for the same side triggers, you get a tone that is similar (but not exactly the same) and the lane departure warning. I notice this mainly in the outside of multiple turning lanes with other car(s) in the inner lanes.
Thanks Joe. I could be mistaken but I thought I've had this sound happen even when I'm driving in a straight line. I could be off though, my memory isn't perfect these days. I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I hear the noise and hopefully that's all it is. I do recall it going off yesterday in a multiple turn lane going left, with me on the outside with left signal. So that makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
It will happen in a straight line too, if you signal a lane change and it sees someone in your blind spot for that lane.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Have you tried looking at your dash at the temp display and see if it is flashing when the beeping occurs? I know several Kia owners didn't know that when the temp falls below (I think) 39F, there is a beep and the temp flashes, to warn you of possible icy conditions.
joegr likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpjr1970 View Post
Have you tried looking at your dash at the temp display and see if it is flashing when the beeping occurs? I know several Kia owners didn't know that when the temp falls below (I think) 39F, there is a beep and the temp flashes, to warn you of possible icy conditions.
Thanks for the tip! Not the case for this situation (warm California) but useful info for whenever I'm somewhere with cold weather. I'm hoping this is just the blind spot monitoring system. I've since turned it off altogether and if I no longer hear the beeping then I know what it is. Fingers crossed that's all it is.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
It's your car telling you it's a better driver then you...shut up and get in teh back seat! (haa)
onlyjeeps and Kia-Driver like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page