Windshield question for 2014 Kia Cadenza - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Windshield question for 2014 Kia Cadenza

Hey guys. I'm in a difficult financial situation at the moment. My windshield is cracked right now on my 2014 Kia Cadenza.

I called the local Kia's Parts department and I was told the price is around $1500 for just the windshield.

My current vehicle has blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, rain sensing, and i believe the automatic headlight feature.

I'm not having any issues with those parts/features however so I don't understand why they'd quote the price that high.

My insurance says they cover $500 of any repairs I need done, but they have to be over $500.

I don't know if I should have a different company do my windshield for cheaper as I still want to be able to use all of my features and I'm unsure if they'd reinstall all the components properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Just for information... about 2 years ago when hurricane strength winds blew shingles off my garage and onto my car that ruined my windshield and other surfaces, I was told by the body repair shop my windshield was the same cost, $1500! I couldn't believe it and thought maybe they were jacking up the price for insurance purposes. This news, while shocking me, didn't affect me at the time because that was only a small portion of my total bill for the damages and insurance was coving all of it anyway. But I tell you my experience as a second verification to the price you were told...as unbelievable as it is.

2014 SXL, only mods are after market rims due to recall.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Mine happened in my drive way and our home owners insurance covered it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
Mine happened in my driveway and our home owners insurance covered it
Homeowners, really? State farm refused to put my event under just one coverage! They said the shingles were from the house and needed to be covered under homeowners for repair and the car, which was hit by the shingles from the house, HAD to be covered under my car insurance, not the homeowners even though the car was sitting in the driveway parked right at the garage door and both are fully covered by only State Farm! I was so pissed! Two separate deductibles, two seperate bills to pay and two separate claims to go on my record...all from one single event! I hate insurance companies...all of them equally...scam artists!

Sorry, got a little carried away but I'm happy to hear your homeowners covered your car simply because it was parked at your house. Who do you use?

2014 SXL, only mods are after market rims due to recall.

Last edited by onlyjeeps; Today at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Usaa

My insurance was covered by USAA, That was a few years ago. I now have Geico, rates are much better with the veterans discount.
The insurance companies keep changing everything so they make more money. In a storm a neighbor had one of their tree limbs brake off
not even hanging over our fence, The limb smashed our gazebo.
There insurance didn't cover it but our homeowners insurance did.

Last edited by gene; Today at 01:48 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
My windshield had a small crack soon became a large crack .Insurance less $500 deductible covered it . The glass company couldn't find any glass that would work except OEM and in Canada it was 2200. Good luck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Just a question which I'm sure you've thought of already, but is it not small enough to have it filled in by a company? I had hail damage on my car that my insurance covered (leased at the time and needed to repair because I wasn't sure if I was going to purchase it) and the Kia window was about $1500 at that time as well, about 3ish yrs ago. From what I saw on another thread someone else got a discount window that was cheaper but it was also thinner. I wanted the best quality since I may keep it (I did) and insurance was paying anyways, just had to do my deductible. My damage was a small star in the top corner, but it was too close to the corner for repair

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page