1Likes
  • 1 Post By MadMax

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lock/unlock

Hello, so I just bought a 2014 Kia Cadenza, love the car, but just noticed when I lock the car I do not get a beep/chime noise (lock/unlock sound). I press the button twice within 4 seconds, everything is shut and my hazards blink but no chime. Any suggestions or ideas would be great... thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Mine did the same when I got it, make sure the hood close sensor is being activated. It is on the passenger side of the engine bay. Mine didnít have the attachment on the hood so I created one using a screw and a bit of plastic.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
If I recall it's in the settings in the center of the dash (wheel controls), not the Nav screen settings. There's an option to turn off the chime and or horn when arming the alarm. Mine is off, been that way since I got the car several years ago, but I turned it off, because I don't need the car to beep at me all the time. Bad enough I can't get out of the car and shut the door while it's running without the car freaking out!
funnyman7915 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I had this happen on my 2014 - I know it had to do with the hood sensor - I think they replaced it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I have not had this issue on my Cadenza, but on my Hyundai Elantra. Door cracked open, trunk not properly closed, no beeping sounds. Was frustrating trying to troubleshoot as I've never had this experience with earlier cars I've owned. I'll chalk it up to bad security/electronic issue (tell myself to take it to dealer this weekend) then its fine again.

I finally figured it out after I had to replace a turn signal light, knew this because the turn single audible would being going really fast. Got me thinking if there was some sensor that was not engaged for the alarm and that's why it would not beep sometimes. Then I tested out my theory and sure enough that's what it was.

Was actually nice to know this because then I was able to YELL at the kids to shut their door after trying to arm the car. Also the trunk would be accidentally cracked open (after accidentally pulling trunk latch or pressing on the button on the remote not noticing the trunk had been opened - because it doesn't swing all the way open it just releases and then you have to manually open it the rest of the way.)

Iaw94117

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page