HID headlight replacement - Page 2 - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
I'll throw in my $0.02 as well and say I highly support K5OS as well. They are active here in our small forum and are proactive in making sure our purchases are doing well for us. Any problems you ask about they will respond to you and help. They also stand behind the products they sell and will rectify any issues, all my purchases with them have been quality so far. They will usually have decent holiday deals too, just FYI.

There's a reason why I have a link to their product page in my signature, and it's not because I get paid or any discounts, I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I'll make sure I grab some pictures and videos along the way as well as before and after. Does anyone know how to take the bumper off? I'd rather know beforehand so I don't break anything as I try to figure it out.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh30469 View Post
I'll throw in my $0.02 as well and say I highly support K5OS as well. They are active here in our small forum and are proactive in making sure our purchases are doing well for us. Any problems you ask about they will respond to you and help. They also stand behind the products they sell and will rectify any issues, all my purchases with them have been quality so far. They will usually have decent holiday deals too, just FYI.

There's a reason why I have a link to their product page in my signature, and it's not because I get paid or any discounts, I'm not affiliated with them in any way.
Im planning on grabbing some stuff from K5OS in the future, they just didn't seem to have the CBBs and that was a bit of a dealbreaker for me on this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjuretich View Post
Im planning on grabbing some stuff from K5OS in the future, they just didn't seem to have the CBBs and that was a bit of a dealbreaker for me on this one
I understand, just letting people know the score on it

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjuretich View Post
I'll make sure I grab some pictures and videos along the way as well as before and after. Does anyone know how to take the bumper off? I'd rather know beforehand so I don't break anything as I try to figure it out.
First is to take off the intake (two bolts), then the radiator shroud. On the bottom, take off the plastic clips holding the bumper to the skid plate. On each inner fender, there is a screw on the front side of the inner fender. You'll need a short screw driver to get those out. After that, it's all clips holding the front end in, pry slowly and it will come off. If I remember right, only thing to unplug is the fog lights

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooshaw View Post
First is to take off the intake (two bolts), then the radiator shroud. On the bottom, take off the plastic clips holding the bumper to the skid plate. On each inner fender, there is a screw on the front side of the inner fender. You'll need a short screw driver to get those out. After that, it's all clips holding the front end in, pry slowly and it will come off. If I remember right, only thing to unplug is the fog lights

Fantastic, thank you! As soon as I have a free day this will definitely be my project.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally managed to get it done yesterday, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and only took me about 2 and a half hours from start to finish. Thanks everyone for your help and input!

(Left is before, right is after)
The first photo shows just how big a difference there is in brightness. The hotspot on the CBBs is significantly larger and the cutoff line seems to be a bit sharper. You can sort of see the difference in color here.
The second photo really shows the difference of color when compared with my foglights (OEM LEDs.) The new bulbs light up my garage white/blue! My guess is that the old bulbs are around 4200-4400k (and they are towards the end of their life, they used to be even more yellow) The new ones are probably around 5200k but will supposedly color shift after about 20hours, ill make sure to update then if there is a significant change.
The third photo sorta shows the difference in light color coming directly out of the projectors. My camera isn't that great and I wasn't able to get the angles the exact same so this isn't the greatest photo to go off of.
The fourth photo is just a terrible picture/view of my car at night, the only reason I included it is because you can compare the lights to the ~3000k lights on my house and in my garage.

All in all this upgrade was totally worth it, just driving on the road I can tell a massive improvement. I can see much further and wider, and the side-to-side movement of my headlights is more pronounced now than it was before. The color is also much more pleasing and arguably makes my car look more modern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Comp1Brightness.jpeg (138.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpeg Comp2wFogs.jpeg (312.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpeg Comp3Frontal.jpeg (281.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Noncomp.jpg (60.6 KB, 18 views)
Yooshaw likes this.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone have instructions on removing & replacing the HIDís on a 2014 Cadenza?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDallasJr View Post
Does anyone have instructions on removing & replacing the HIDís on a 2014 Cadenza?
Take a look here - it's possible replace the bulbs without taking off the bumper, but is a tight fit. It's key to understand how the bulb is retained in the socket in order to press in the right places to get the bulb retaining mechanism off the projector.

https://www.cadenzaforum.com/forum/h...placement.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page