[VENDOR][FS] 2014-2017 Kia Cadenza Passenger Seat Riser Kit - K5 Optima Store - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Thumbs up [VENDOR][FS] 2014-2017 Kia Cadenza Passenger Seat Riser Kit - K5 Optima Store

Introducing to the forum:

The 2014-2017 Kia Cadenza Passenger Seat Riser Kit

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Eliminate the frustrations of poor visibility and discomfort caused by the low position of the passenger seat in your Kia or Hyundai vehicle.

Our quick and easy to install kit raises the seat approximately 1-1/2 inches, significantly improving comfort and visibility while maintaining all seat adjustment functionality for both power and manual seats.

Included in the kit:

(2) Front Seat Risers

(2) Front Riser Bolts & Washers

(2) Rear Seat Risers

(2) Rear Riser Bolts & Washers

Installation Instructions (View Installation PDF here)

Vehicle Applications:

2014-2017 Kia Cadenza

2011-2018 Kia Optima

2014-2016 Kia Forte

2014-2017 Kia Soul

2013-2017 Kia Sportage

2011-2017 Kia Sorento

2016-2017 Kia Rio

2011-2016 Hyundai Genesis

2013-2017 Hyundai Santa Fe

2011-2017 Hyundai Sonata

2016 Hyundai Tucson

Hyundai Elantra (Call for model years)

Passenger Seat Riser Kit - YouTube Video

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!

Last edited by K5 Optima Store; 10-12-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Here's a trick with this kit listed above. I've tried installing these all kinds of ways on three different Cadenza's ( one base model and two premiums ),,,, You'll find it is very easy to get three of the bolts in place, it's that fourth that is a little more tricky. The reason is the angle is slightly different. I install the front two bolts first because there's less room to get to them. Then the rear closest to the door. Then you have a ton of room for the last one,,, just simply move the seat all the way forward,, there is a small bar running horizontally under the front part of the seat. Cut a scrap 2x4 or anything else you might have laying around just shy of this bar, and the area under the back seats. Slip the 2x4 in there then use the control on the seat to move it back just a smidge, DO NOT GO CRAZY - you'll burn the motor up. That will hit the bar, and correct the angle so it is very easy to get the last bolt in there. Hope this helps you all. I may be back on later and snap a photo so it might be easier to understand what I'm talking about. After installing these several times this trick will help trust me.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Did not know this was a thing, pretty cool.

I'll have to sit in my passenger seat one day see if this is a problem.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-LAMBDA View Post
Here's a trick with this kit listed above. I've tried installing these all kinds of ways on three different Cadenza's ( one base model and two premiums ),,,, You'll find it is very easy to get three of the bolts in place, it's that fourth that is a little more tricky. The reason is the angle is slightly different. I install the front two bolts first because there's less room to get to them. Then the rear closest to the door. Then you have a ton of room for the last one,,, just simply move the seat all the way forward,, there is a small bar running horizontally under the front part of the seat. Cut a scrap 2x4 or anything else you might have laying around just shy of this bar, and the area under the back seats. Slip the 2x4 in there then use the control on the seat to move it back just a smidge, DO NOT GO CRAZY - you'll burn the motor up. That will hit the bar, and correct the angle so it is very easy to get the last bolt in there. Hope this helps you all. I may be back on later and snap a photo so it might be easier to understand what I'm talking about. After installing these several times this trick will help trust me.
Thank you for this advice on the installation. We've sold a few to Cadenza owners and have not heard of any issues yet with getting them installed, but this is good in case anyone runs into any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclassified View Post
Did not know this was a thing, pretty cool.

I'll have to sit in my passenger seat one day see if this is a problem.
Yeah unfortunately, KIA & Hyundai figured nobody under 5'6 would be sitting in the passenger seat. lol
ragg likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Sorry I meant to get these photos sooner. Basically just to reiterate you just basically cut a 2x4 or anything else similar and place it between the rear deck wall below the seats, and then stick the other end under the rear seat ( there is a small horizontal bar under the front passenger seat. You want the 2x4 just short of that bar. When you move the seat back the 2x4 will hit that bar and adjust the angle. - This makes it super simple to get the last inner bolts in. - You can do it without this trick,,, this just makes it easier especially if you don't have someone helping and your on your own with only one set of hands. - Again hope this helps guys. If you have any questions or need help with anything please reach out to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2 (3).jpg (143.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1 (3).jpg (156.7 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by T-LAMBDA; 06-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-LAMBDA View Post
Sorry I meant to get these photos sooner. Basically just to reiterate you just basically cut a 2x4 or anything else similar and place it between the rear deck wall below the seats, and then stick the other end under the rear seat ( there is a small horizontal bar under the front passenger seat. You want the 2x4 just short of that bar. When you move the seat back the 2x4 will hit that bar and adjust the angle. - This makes it super simple to get the last inner bolts in. - You can do it without this trick,,, this just makes it easier especially if you don't have someone helping and your on your own with only one set of hands. - Again hope this helps guys. If you have any questions or need help with anything please reach out to me.
Thank you for helping out in this thread with this info.

However I just want to mention, that this is not required when installing this kit.

I wouldn't want to give the impression that you need to bust out with 2x4's to install this seat riser kit. (I know you said you can do it without them as well)

I just wanted to reiterate that for anyone who may be interested in this kit.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
I wouldn't want to give the impression that you need to bust out with 2x4's to install this seat riser kit. (I know you said you can do it without them as well)
I'm sorry this comment really makes me laugh lol
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragg View Post
I'm sorry this comment really makes me laugh lol
LMAO me too! Trust me, the first time I saw I was dying.
ragg likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Here is a video of the install on an Optima. (Which is the same install process on the Cadenza)

http://youtu.be/NZPtw-6hm9s
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The original seat installation has the seat resting on two rails, which in turn are fully supported by the load-bearing floor along their entire length.

When the risers elevate the rails there is now nothing immediately below except at the four corners. I worry the weight of the seat may cause bowing of the middle part of the rails and this may eventually interfere with the movement of the seat because the rails are no longer flat.

Was this weight distribution concern ever considered as part of the design?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page