rear passenger door woofer blew - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
rear passenger door woofer blew

Has anyone had to replace a door speaker? how involved is it to remove the door panel? Do you think if i replace the factory infinity speaker with another brand there will be a noticeable difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
I'd say this, if you want easy, get the OEM part and be done with it. It will have the lifted cone you need already there. Aftermarket 6.5 " speaker you need a spacer adapter. I did the front door and used these adapters (link below). They worked quite well as a spacer, however, and this was a big however, the bolts from the door didn't work, the bolt head was too fat, and wouldn't go into the tapering hole. I was fortunate had a whole box of metal screws from Harbor Freight, and just happened to have the exact amount of bolts needed and that worked flawlessly. But without that, I would have had to bolt up the door, drive to the store and find those bolts. Dumb luck actually.

This was just the front door speakers that I replaced, but from my understanding the rear door speakers are identical. Something else I recall about the spacers, there aren't actually 4 spacers with the kit, it's 2 spacer sets, and you can go single or stack them, but you don't actually get 4 sets that will do what you need. I don't know of any other spacer that would work better, I don't know that you could safely drill out the hole on the spacer to make the original bolts work. I just know it wasn't at all easy if you didn't have those bolts.

Link provided:::

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:34 PM

Oh, and if you're gonna go aftermarket, which despite my complaining, I'd recommend because the mid-range woofer is a 1 way speaker, you could go 2 or 3 way and get a little of the highs from that position, You'd be wise to replace both doors so there's some symmetry. meaning both rear doors. If you get froggy and things go real smooth once you get all the parts needed, **** I'd say replace all 4. The speaker pairs aren't very expensive at all, Maybe $70-$80 a pair for a nice brand quality speakers.

And these were the electrical adapters I used, forgot about that in the initial post, these were more seamless then the spacers:::

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Madmax makes some very good points. Just for clarification, the rear door woofers are identical in placement and size to the front.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. My speakers will come with the adapters and wire harness. Did you use any special tools to get the door panels off? Can i get by with various screwdrivers and a cloth(placed over screwdrivers when prying)?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon3357 View Post
Thanks for the response. My speakers will come with the adapters and wire harness. Did you use any special tools to get the door panels off? Can i get by with various screwdrivers and a cloth(placed over screwdrivers when prying)?
Take the screw out underneath the pad in the grab handle and the one behind the cover of the door handle itself, then I just pry from the bottom with my hands. itís just clips and comes off with a bit of pressure
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! I'll let you know how it goes.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I'd say this, if you want easy, get the OEM part and be done with it. It will have the lifted cone you need already there. Aftermarket 6.5 " speaker you need a spacer adapter. I did the front door and used these adapters (link below). They worked quite well as a spacer, however, and this was a big however, the bolts from the door didn't work, the bolt head was too fat, and wouldn't go into the tapering hole. I was fortunate had a whole box of metal screws from Harbor Freight, and just happened to have the exact amount of bolts needed and that worked flawlessly. But without that, I would have had to bolt up the door, drive to the store and find those bolts. Dumb luck actually.

This was just the front door speakers that I replaced, but from my understanding the rear door speakers are identical. Something else I recall about the spacers, there aren't actually 4 spacers with the kit, it's 2 spacer sets, and you can go single or stack them, but you don't actually get 4 sets that will do what you need. I don't know of any other spacer that would work better, I don't know that you could safely drill out the hole on the spacer to make the original bolts work. I just know it wasn't at all easy if you didn't have those bolts.

Link provided:::
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you were absolutely correct about the bolts. had to go to the hardware store and buy some. went ahead and changed the other rear door woofer too. fingers crossed everything seems to be working. thanks for the help!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 02:57 PM

What speakers did you go with?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Pioneer TS-G650 6-1/2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page