• 1 Post By onlyjeeps

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Emergency Brake Switch Snapped off 2014 Cadenza SX

Hello Ladies and Gents,

As the Avenger's antihero Thanos did with a snap, I accidentally snapped my emergency brake off of my car. Now I have to manually plug it in, so that I can get the emergency brake to work. My ghetto plan is to super glue it with a specialized adhesive called Epoxy. On paper is supposed to stand up to 180 degree in temperature, and 10,000 PSI of pressure. Before I sabotage my car though; I would like to to see how much it would cost to get the part to fix the switch, and if it is difficult to install. I did a search and couldn't find anything specifically on this, so car forum trolls please be easy on me if there is already a thread. Love all of you ugly SOB. Comment below, like, and subscribe (blah, blah, blah).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
1) How does one even do as like? 2) All my wut. So your e-brake physically sheared off on the outside of your car? You may wanna provide pics so people can where exactly this is at. I'm not an expert but I think more info is needed.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
His title says switch, not what he actually wrote in the post that the whole, actual emergency brake sheared off, LOL. Just lack of proof reading mistake.

Anyway, it's just a plastic switch. The glue (epoxy) seems like a decent idea that may work. If you want a price just call the dealership and see what they say. If you want to attempt it yourself...well, that's something else entirely. While you MAY be able to do that job, I'm willing to bet that it's a big job. You'd need info on how to remove the center console from your car which includes the shifter and all sorts of things. I do a lot of my on work but no chance in **** I would try that job! Good luck!
Simon Rivas likes this.

2014 SXL, only mods are after market rims due to recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My Electronic Emergency brake switch broke and Kia under warranty replaced the whole assembly which I believe included the auto hold switch. The total cost to replace the assembly was about $375 as I had to sign off on the invoice for the dealership to submit back to Kia.
Simon Rivas likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thank you Funnyman7915. I had done the same thing when my steering wheel volume switch broke (discussed in another thread) but I assume his car is not within the warranty period considering the options he was laying out.
funnyman7915 likes this.

2014 SXL, only mods are after market rims due to recall.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page