Dash board became a Christmas Tree - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Dash board became a Christmas Tree

I was coming home on the freeway when i pulled over for a Starbucks. When I returned and started the car many of my warning lights suddenly appeared including my hold key in orange . One of the warning lights was low tire pressure but all 4 tires seemed fine so i decided to drive the 30 minutes to my Kia dealership To add insult to injury my power steering did not work . Fast forward Kia ran the diagnostic and found that a sensor was not working and ordered me the new part . The diagnostics did not show power steering failure but the technician suggests that the issue is all connected .I expect to have the car back by Thursday Friday at the latest. I enclosed the dash board picture. Has anyone else had an issue where many warning lights come on at once
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kia dashboard.jpg (78.8 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
What sensor?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

LOL im the wrong person to ask that question My mechanical skill or interest, for that matter fits, in a thimble if I'm lucky .Apparently it will be fixed today or tomorrow and I will provide that info off of the issue .Thankfully this is a warranty issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Update I picked up my 2016 Cadenza and was told that the sensor on my right front tire was malfunctioning The sensor was #59830-3R750nSEnsor[ Total gibberish to me .The only thing that was important was that it was a warranty approved replacement

Last edited by funnyman7915; 08-13-2019 at 10:58 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
A wheel speed sensor, interesting. Well it canít have been to difficult of a fix if road debris could get to it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Wow, that's rare that something like that would be covered under warranty. They must not have mentioned the damage in the claim. In that case, i wouldn't mention the dealership here, as if Kia was looking to smack them for a fraud claim some kia flunky could make a name for himself stumbling across this thread.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Yes! I had my right front tire make contact with the wheel speed sensor wire and partially damage it doing a hard left turn under pretty heavy acceleration (don't ask). Anyway, immediately after said manunver my car did exactly the same thing you are describing including the lack of power steering though it wasn't an actual loss of power steering, it was just more effort required for input. You must not be old enough to have driven cars with no power steering, lol. It's much, much harder than you think when a power steering car loses its power (pump).

Anyway, my dealer is a pretty good one, thankfully, and he explained that after losing the wheel speed sensor input, the computer is missing a lot of important information hence all the dashboard lights. So, the car goes into "limp home" mode and that mode includes any extra boosted power steering, hence the more input required to steer. After replacing the sensor (comes with new short wire to the plug inside the fender well) all was perfect again. Now, mine was not included under warranty (obvious) but the whole job was only like $185 or so.

2014 SXL, only mods are after market rims due to recall. Plenty on the list though!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:24 AM

Haa, that would have scared the sh!t outa me, hard turn heavy acceleration, christmas tree....sh!t it just gave me chills thinking about it. Good to know it's a relatively easy fix!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjeeps View Post
Yes! I had my right front tire make contact with the wheel speed sensor wire and partially damage it doing a hard left turn under pretty heavy acceleration (don't ask). Anyway, immediately after said manunver my car did exactly the same thing you are describing including the lack of power steering though it wasn't an actual loss of power steering, it was just more effort required for input. You must not be old enough to have driven cars with no power steering, lol. It's much, much harder than you think when a power steering car loses its power (pump).

Anyway, my dealer is a pretty good one, thankfully, and he explained that after losing the wheel speed sensor input, the computer is missing a lot of important information hence all the dashboard lights. So, the car goes into "limp home" mode and that mode includes any extra boosted power steering, hence the more input required to steer. After replacing the sensor (comes with new short wire to the plug inside the fender well) all was perfect again. Now, mine was not included under warranty (obvious) but the whole job was only like $185 or so.
Well I wish I was young enough not to remember My first car was a Ford cortina and trust me it did not have power steering .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page