User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up Wiper Service Mode (Windshield Wipers) 2017 models

Have 2017 Cadenza and the other day was going to clean my windshield and found I was not able to pull my wiper arms up to clean under them because the hood got in the way.

Reading a post from a Facebook group for Cadenza I'm connected with and another owner mentioned that same thing and thought it was a design flaw on Kia's part. Looked at the comments others posted and turns out the wiper arms are designed to fall under the hood line and to service them you have to put the car in "Wiper Service Mode". What!! Seriously. I've got to look into this.

Sure enough, on many Kia's there is a Wiper Service Mode and when enabled it places the wiper arms vertically on windshield so you can then service them and allow them to move away from windshield without hitting the hood. That's so cool.

Found a video demonstrating how to place it in Wiper Service Mode.

In case the video get's removed or fails, here's the directions to enable Wiper Service Mode (at least on the 2017 models):
-Turn on ignition then turn off
-Within 20 seconds lift windshield wiper button up to "Mist" position for 3 seconds (moves wiper arms to a vertical positions and holds them there)

To disable Wiper Service Mode
-Simply turn on ignition and move windshield wiper button up to "Mist" position then let go (moves wiper arms back below the hood line)

Iaw94117
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Kinda stupid to create a mode for something that already exists. if you turn on the car, then turn on the wipers, then turn off the car when the wipers enter the position you want, bam, they stop when the car turns off in the desired position. Been doing that for decades on every car i own.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I never knew this was an issue, I've never seen this on any car be a problem lol. I know sometimes my wipers seem to sit a little lower but I can always lift them up to wipe the blades.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Kinda stupid to create a mode for something that already exists. if you turn on the car, then turn on the wipers, then turn off the car when the wipers enter the position you want, bam, they stop when the car turns off in the desired position. Been doing that for decades on every car i own.
Yeah same here on all my previous vehicles. I guess if you can do that then the vehicle does not have that mode. I've tried on my Cadenza, cannot get the windshield wipers to stay put when I turn off the car, they always go back down. Even tried immediately after turning on wipers, they just continue to move to the left and then back right to the default position.

Iaw94117
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaw94117 View Post
Even tried immediately after turning on wipers, they just continue to move to the left and then back right to the default position.

You sure??? My 2014 premium with Lux, has rain sensing wipers, stop as soon as the car is off. That's with the drivers door open or closed...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
You sure??? My 2014 premium with Lux, has rain sensing wipers, stop as soon as the car is off. That's with the drivers door open or closed...
Well I have not tried with the rain sensing (Auto) position, it wasn't raining/wet at the time so I had to use the manual wiper position (Low). Though I don't think it matters. I tried with both open/closed door, (since it appears the car is still on while the door is closed and you push the ignition switch off). Still went back to default position.

I've enabled the Wiper Service Mode on my car, so I know the feature is in the 2017 Cadenza Technology package (and likely Limited - can't say for Premium). That would be strange if your car also had the mode even though you can stop the motion in its tracks as soon as you turn off your car. I've tried to research online what Kia vehicles have this mode, but no luck finding anything yet. Just maybe the 2014-16 models don't have it. I only know the 2017 because anyone who has reported having it has the 2017.

Only reason for the OP was because I did not find any other posts here mentioning this mode and thought it would be good information for others if they too find it difficult to service there wiper blades.

Iaw94117
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 03:10 PM

Ahh, for some reason i didn't realize you were talking about 2017 model and newer. It was in your original post and title of the thread...but I didn't pick up on that. It's nice that they added that feature to complete the cycle so you don't get the stuck Grand Marquis look...(that should show my age)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page