A few things to get this back on track from the Equus highjack;
1) I do not believe it is going to be called SX-L but rather just limited. The SX-L was derived from the optima SX and adding the limited package to it. There is no cadenza SX, just premium.
In one of the links I have included below, it is commented (by someone with a very good eye, evidently) that it can be seen in the pretty grad commercial that the car has an SXL nameplate. In fact, the question was posed as to where the poster could get that nameplate.
2) The tint in the commercial is purely cosmetic, as there are times when you can see through the glass and see her lips etc, and there is no tint. I call photoshop, especially since not too many cars come with anything besides light privacy glass from the factory on the rear glass.
I agree. I have been involved with SEMA shows and Auto shows for many years and it is pretty common for the exhibitors to use a slight tint to "glamorize" the vehicle. This is very true in advertizing photos, too.
3) This is not a sports model, so I assume no brembo brakes are in the works.
I don't know, Kia is prone to do the "unexpected". Companies like BMW build M-series cars and M~Benz does the AMG thing. Kia may decide to do something to shake up the industry even more than it already is/has. Like I said, I was dreaming, so anything goes.
4) If you look at the model from the detriot auto show, it has the nappa leather, real wood, suede headliner that I was talking about, but no button for adjustable steering (which my friend has in his elantra gt and is amazing i might add), or any button for active park assist. I cannot tell if the button for the passenger seat climate setting has ac or just heat still (and on a side not it is weird that the driver seat is three stage heating/ac and the passenger seat is only two stage).
5) I believe the heated rear seat buttons are on the door by the window switch, but with the rear seat controls they move to the center armrest which might be another part of the limited.
Minor change, they could have done other, more usefull (added value) things with the same investment and effort.
6) I wonder why people would buy the premium tech model over the limited as it comes available if the pricing is going to be most likely similar? Weird on Kia's part.
Maybe they really want the Brembo brakes. (lol)
7) Has anyone seen my thread about the azera wiper blades and has anyone tried them out I bet they make the car look so much nicer.
I am going to do that change when I have the car to do it with. Thanks again for the tip.
8) can the LED drls be added by swapping out the headlights for the korean ones?
(?) Good question...
9) The optima, sorento, and soul have ac seats, the cadenza, sportage, and forte have an ac seat. Weird. I understand the sportage and forte being cheaper models but really with the cadenza? Even the azera with the same seating setup has both. I know the driver seat is different given its thigh adjustment but really kia?
Don't get me started on this ridiculous move. If they don't come out with the passenger seat cooling, I will find a way to mod it. Like you said, how difficult could it be?
10) Does anyone have links to the threads discussing the limited trim, I am new here and having some trouble navigating.
Here are a couple...
There are more comments spread amongst various threads, These are just two that I could easily find.
Thanks in advance you guys are awesome and I look forward to contributing all I can
I appreciate every one on the forum who loves the car (or even if they hate the car for some reason) and makes this a helpful and viable community. Thanks, Humercedes!