9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
#51 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwax View Post
my District Sales Manager for KIA said all the Exec's in Irvine drive Quoris's... and Hyundai Exec's all drive Equus's
I toured the Montgomery Hyundai plant a couple of years ago and there were about a dozen Equus in the executive parking lot.

My son has a co-worker with an Equus, he's ridden in it a number of times and says it's very impressive. That's saying something as another co-worker drives a two year old RR.

There are some pretty impressive rides coming out of South Korea nowadays. It's only going to get better.

Kia has been impressive to me since I bought my first one in 2003. I have no problem driving one with pride. It's the guys who have to have the fancy marque who have been overcharged/misled. I want a good car at a good price, not an emblem.

As it relates to the quality of Kirean goods. I collect guitars...I have about 40 or so. I have some pretty expensive axes and a few from Korea. As long as you hand-pick them and know how to set them up, it's a bit hard to tell the difference in sound, feel, etc. You can run across crap having paid a lot of money and just as easily pay much less and get a great item. I know some pro musicians who play Korean guitars. The country is putting out some high quality stuff of all sorts. Much like Japan did in the eighties. Cars are pretty much the same way.

John

KIA Proud!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscalonJon View Post
It's the guys who have to have the fancy marque who have been overcharged/misled. I want a good car at a good price, not an emblem.

John

Ouch.
#53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 02:12 AM

Sorry, Stark, you have been overcharged...but if you can afford it, you have an awesome car that few will have an opportunity to enjoy.

Keep in mind that we are on a Kia forum here...lol

KIA Proud!
#54 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM

Kia contacted me yesterday. The rep said that she spoke to the "higher ups" and they confirm a limited model will be introduced in q3 of 2013. She went on to say that they have preliminary information about what the vehicle will have, but that they have not finalized the content for the trim since there is an overlap between the premium trim with the technology package, and the limited trim. Therefore she "could not legally release the information to me." I said "off the record tell me and I won't hold you to it", she said "this call is recorded sir."

They are serious about not giving out early information. Yet they run ads with the trimmed vehicle go figure. I guess we will need to rely on the people who have connections to Kia from the dealer network. Kia was no help.
kSeven and EscalonJon like this.
#55 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humercedes View Post
Kia contacted me yesterday. The rep said that she spoke to the "higher ups" and they confirm a limited model will be introduced in q3 of 2013. She went on to say that they have preliminary information about what the vehicle will have, but that they have not finalized the content for the trim since there is an overlap between the premium trim with the technology package, and the limited trim. Therefore she "could not legally release the information to me." I said "off the record tell me and I won't hold you to it", she said "this call is recorded sir."

They are serious about not giving out early information. Yet they run ads with the trimmed vehicle go figure. I guess we will need to rely on the people who have connections to Kia from the dealer network. Kia was no help.
I find that it's like that with a lot of car makers, anytime you want to ask them something like this, they'll be tight-lipped. Usually a reliable source on the inside ends up leaking info
#56 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kSeven View Post
I find that it's like that with a lot of car makers, anytime you want to ask them something like this, they'll be tight-lipped. Usually a reliable source on the inside ends up leaking info

thats exactly what i posted...the limited package isn't available in KDM if i recall correctly either, this will be a USDM, CDM only.

Once i get one, i promise to post about it

2014 K7 Cadenza /// Platinum Graphite On Black /// Luxury Package /// 20% Tint All Around /// Plasma LED Blinkers /// KarbonKoncepts LED Reverse Lights /// KarbonKoncepts LED Fog Lights /// KarbonKoncepts License Plate Lights /// More to Come Later!
#57 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:

humercedes, Thanks!

That's why we're all here, to provide good info like this and to help each other out. Somehow not knowing exactly how it will be equipped adds to the intrigue of the Limited.

At least we know that it is indeed on its way.

John

KIA Proud!
#58 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 07:49 PM

Any more rumours or intel on the Limited?

KIA Proud!
#59 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 AM

its only three weeks out i can believe theres still no word yet.
#60 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to carz0159
Now its only 3 days out and still no word! Im surprised that noone has heard anything yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page