User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
k5optima store badge logos

I'm looking to switch out my badges. I have the 19" SXL wheels (see attached image). It doesn't look like the badges can be removed but perhaps there is a product that will fit over them. Just to be clear, I'm looking to replace my existing badges with the 3.0 k logos. Any help would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image_1461029137804.jpeg (174.1 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtrich View Post
I'm looking to switch out my badges. I have the 19" SXL wheels (see attached image). It doesn't look like the badges can be removed but perhaps there is a product that will fit over them. Just to be clear, I'm looking to replace my existing badges with the 3.0 k logos. Any help would be much appreciated!
I have these wheels as well; I bought the regular 3.0 center cap ones with adhesive backing and installed them 2 1/2 years ago and they are still great. I removed the black lug nut covers and applied the badges on them sitting at a table so I could center and press properly. I also warmed up both the cover and the badge with a hair dryer prior for good adhesion. Worked excellent and perfect fit right in the center. Getting the lug cap off is tricky; I had to use a paint can pry tool gently to remove them from the wheel; use care as they will crack with too much force.

good luck!
Scynthyace likes this.

Dave H
2014 K7 black/white with tech.
Mooresville, NC

Last edited by Dave H; 04-19-2016 at 01:57 AM. Reason: typing error
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Quote:
I have these wheels as well; I bought the regular 3.0 center cap ones with adhesive backing and installed them 2 1/2 years ago and they are still great. I removed the black lug nut covers and applied the badges on them sitting at a table so I could center and press properly. I also warmed up both the cover and the badge with a hair dryer prior for good adhesion. Worked excellent and perfect fit right in the center. Getting the lug cap off is tricky; I had to use a paint can pry tool gently to remove them from the wheel; use care as they will crack with too much force.

good luck!
Perfect! Thanks for the idea! I can definitely see how would be beneficial. Thanks again

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post

good luck!
Correct! These are easily installed over the existing caps via automotive grade 3M tape.

VTrich, let me know if you have any questions before placing your order!
Scynthyace likes this.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Good stuff Paul! I'll be ordering mine tonight. Along with the CREE LED fog lights.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Paul, I did have a question about the badges.

I want to order the black carbon fiber badges. The site stipulates that they are only available for the front and rear badge. If i order the 7 piece set and select carbon fiber, how can I stipulate what color/type the other 5 badges will be?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 08:09 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Good stuff Paul! I'll be ordering mine tonight. Along with the CREE LED fog lights.
Awesome!! Thanks for your order in advance

Quote:
Paul, I did have a question about the badges.

I want to order the black carbon fiber badges. The site stipulates that they are only available for the front and rear badge. If i order the 7 piece set and select carbon fiber, how can I stipulate what color/type the other 5 badges will be?
Great question. At this time only the front and rear emblems are available in a different colors other than black. The steering wheel and wheels caps only come in black. Our manufacturer has been making them this way for years, unfortunately I don't think they plan on changing the color options for the wheel caps and steering wheel
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Just put them on today and they look great! Had someone ask me what kind of car I had (haha).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1461548993626.jpg (223.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg image_1461549025911.jpg (92.5 KB, 20 views)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Just put them on today and they look great! Had someone ask me what kind of car I had (haha).
Be prepared to get that alot now

Looks great though, thanks for your order
Scynthyace likes this.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Very nice, they look great. did you do the wheel caps yet?

You will get many comments asking; mine is black also and most think it's a Lexus. They never can believe it is a KIA.

Dave H
2014 K7 black/white with tech.
Mooresville, NC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page