AC Issues - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
AC Issues

This weekend we took a trip, a small trip about 150 miles. About an hour or so into the trip, I noticed the ac didn't feel like it was blowing very hard, and it started to get hot. Normally, the ac blows hard enough that it will blow the hair on your head around... I pulled over, shut the car off, then restarted it and it seemed to work fine... for a bit....

About 30 min or so later, same thing. I pulled over again, shut the car off and back on, and again, it worked but only for a few minutes. This happened several times until we got to our destination.

The car was off for about 10 hours. When we left to drive home, it worked fine all the way home. That morning when we left, it was approximately 93 degrees outside with HIGH humidity.

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

Last edited by rdturner69; 08-02-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
No, take it to your dealer when you can. If you can recreate this and have it going on when you are there do that. Have it blowing hot air like you said and keep it running and tell them you need them to look at it while it is going on, call them as you are heading out there if you can too and give them a heads up. This is the best way to really get them to see it when it's going on.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
My car has been struggling on occasion with combating the 90+ degree weather we've been having with the 50+% Humidity.

I took it to the dealer, they parked it in the bay and it worked just fine... go figure.

It works 95% of the time, and that's better than my other car, which doesn't have any AC at all...

-Scynthyace

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Had the same problem last year on a trip to Calif. and went from Phoenix using rt.8. 105 + the whole trip. Dealer said they couldn't duplicate. Cadenza hotline said if it happened go to the nearest Kia dealership but not to turn the car off, then they could check what was going on.
Here's what I have to do. When it is really hot don't use the recirculating air on a long trip. I switch to outside air and it works for me
Be sure and report it to the Cadenza hot line. They told me I was the only one with that problem.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Yeah, same thing just happened to me last week. Turned it off for about 10 minutes during the drive, and it came back fine when I turned it back on. But it did the same thing, I could see the readout, system on Auto, fan was on high, I could hear it, but didn't feel it out of any vents (other then a trickle). Off on, heat on, circulate, outside air hit all the buttons nothing. But being off for 10 minutes while driving seemed to clear it right up, hasn't happened again.

I'm skeptic to take it in if it is so sporadic...would be great if one of us could get it narrowed down!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Yeah, same thing just happened to me last week. Turned it off for about 10 minutes during the drive, and it came back fine when I turned it back on. But it did the same thing, I could see the readout, system on Auto, fan was on high, I could hear it, but didn't feel it out of any vents (other then a trickle). Off on, heat on, circulate, outside air hit all the buttons nothing. But being off for 10 minutes while driving seemed to clear it right up, hasn't happened again.

I'm skeptic to take it in if it is so sporadic...would be great if one of us could get it narrowed down!
I have narrowed it down...

It's a figment of our imaginations!

Or that is what the service manager at the dealer told me -.-

So tired of terrible service.

-Scynthyace
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My father-in-law has an Optima and he said coming back from the beach his Air was all screwed up. Auto would not work. He had to have it one high and set the temp real low. After parking it for the night it was ok the next day.

Odd issue.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Sad, but true. Please, complain about these things to KIA's Corporate Cadenza line; we love their cars but hate their dealer skills!

Dave H
2014 K7 black/white with tech.
Mooresville, NC
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks guys.. If it does it again then ill take it in, but the weird thing is its worked fine ever since. It almost acted like a home ac does when the lines freeze up. I wonder if something could have just been frozen up on it?

I dunno, but ill post back here if it happens again and I find out what the issue is. Other than that, we love our Cadenza.. Its the nicest car we have owned for the money we paid!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
When the auto AC stops does anybody else find that on manual it works fine. On mine all that stopped was the fan slowed down, when it happened to mine last year. Hasn't happened to me on outside air yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page