Air coming through vents even when in off position - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Air coming through vents even when in off position

Basically what the title said, air still comes through when I turn off the AC/Heat.. and when I have my moon roof open the air turns up.. almost like the air gets in through the vent somehow.. any ideas?
brandontaz2k2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Scynthyace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Do you have the re-circulate button turned on? If its off, the outside vent is still open, even in the off-mode. Mine does it.

Look for this button and make sure the LED is lit on it:



That should stop the air from coming through.

-Scynthyace
Scynthyace is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 02:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mooresville/Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scynthyace View Post
Do you have the re-circulate button turned on? If its off, the outside vent is still open, even in the off-mode. Mine does it.

Look for this button and make sure the LED is lit on it:



That should stop the air from coming through.

-Scynthyace
ditto; same thing recommended. should stop most airflow when in recirculate and the system is off.

Dave H
2014 K7 black/white with tech.
Mooresville, NC
Dave H is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:25 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
K5 Optima Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
My issue on my K900 is that the little re-circulation button is turning off on it's own randomly and then outside air is coming in.
K5 Optima Store is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Scynthyace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
My issue on my K900 is that the little re-circulation button is turning off on it's own randomly and then outside air is coming in.
I've had that issue a few times too. It seems to happen if I have it in Auto w/ it off, and then hit the off button. Its like it still thinks its on. So I have to turn it on, set it to A/C and Recirculate, and then turn it off again.

I definitely think its a bug in their software. Might report it and see what they say.

I'll have to take a video of it the next time it does it.

-Scynthyace
Scynthyace is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
socalifk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Pressing the Auto button will turn off the re-circulation (RC), if active. Seems the default mode is RC off. But changing the temp setting (without touching auto) will leave the RC mode on.

This is same for my Hyundai; so may be the way its set up for all Hyundai/Kia. BTW, on the Buick I could not use RC in auto mode. Pressing RC forced AC to manual setting, not sure why they do that.
socalifk7 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
K5 Optima Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scynthyace View Post
I've had that issue a few times too. It seems to happen if I have it in Auto w/ it off, and then hit the off button. Its like it still thinks its on. So I have to turn it on, set it to A/C and Recirculate, and then turn it off again.

I definitely think its a bug in their software. Might report it and see what they say.

I'll have to take a video of it the next time it does it.

-Scynthyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalifk7 View Post
Pressing the Auto button will turn off the re-circulation (RC), if active. Seems the default mode is RC off. But changing the temp setting (without touching auto) will leave the RC mode on.

This is same for my Hyundai; so may be the way its set up for all Hyundai/Kia. BTW, on the Buick I could not use RC in auto mode. Pressing RC forced AC to manual setting, not sure why they do that.
My issue seems to be a lot larger, I may have to contact an attorney about it since Kia cannot seem to fix the issue. Well that and another problem I am experiencing.
K5 Optima Store is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
I notice that when the front defroster option auto turns on (when fog is on the window) my RC button turns off. :-/
MacDogg is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Scynthyace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDogg View Post
I notice that when the front defroster option auto turns on (when fog is on the window) my RC button turns off. :-/
I believe that is because the front defroster relies on outside air to quickly regulate the windshield and clear the fogging faster.

If it were to use your car's recirculated air that would take forever to regulate.

-Scynthyace
Scynthyace is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
I noted that with the AC off and the Sunroof open, the vents blow. Close the roof, vents stop blowing.
MadMax is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome