User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just picked up my Cadenza, the trunk won't open

I just picked up my Cadenza Limited from the dealership and the trunk won't open. The car actually thinks that the trunk is open, and I guess that's why it won't actuate the release. But, the trunk is in fact closed. One of the guys at the dealership was trying to reach the release inside of the trunk, but he wasn't able to. They said to bring it to the service dept in the morning, but I want it open now!!!!!

Anybody have any ideas for me? I did check the valet switch in the glove compartment, that's not it. The trunk actually did open once for me at the dealership.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Have you tried to use the key to see if that would open it? I haven't used the key for mine, but I believe there is a key release to the left of the license plate up near the camera.
Beezwax likes this.

2014 Cadenza Limited
Snow White Pearl w/White Nappa interior
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmopdx View Post
have you tried to use the key to see if that would open it? I haven't used the key for mine, but i believe there is a key release to the left of the license plate up near the camera.
^^^^^ this was my suggestion

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
If you haven't already tried this..... push down on the trunk while actuating the switch beneath the trunk handle or the switch on the key fob. That may help signal to the cpu that the trunk is closed (had to do this on my 1988 Celica, of course, no cpu back then.)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
OK, it's fixed. The good news is that it was a simple fix. I guess when the salesman closed the trunk after putting the license plate on, he closed it enough for it to latch, but it really wasn't closed. So, I pushed down on it and heard it click. All is well now. Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, I am the proud new owner of a Snow White Pearl Cadenza Limited. It's an awesome car!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
sweet!

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
OK, it's fixed. The good news is that it was a simple fix. I guess when the salesman closed the trunk after putting the license plate on, he closed it enough for it to latch, but it really wasn't closed. So, I pushed down on it and heard it click. All is well now. Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, I am the proud new owner of a Snow White Pearl Cadenza Limited. It's an awesome car!

Glad to see that you got it fixed!!!

Also, to all if you didn't know, under the Hood and Trunk, are black knobs that you can twist to make longer or shorter. This is so that you can adjust the tightness of the hood or trunk when it is closed to help line it up if its off to sit tighter
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to carz0159
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrwin320 View Post
Glad to see that you got it fixed!!!

Also, to all if you didn't know, under the Hood and Trunk, are black knobs that you can twist to make longer or shorter. This is so that you can adjust the tightness of the hood or trunk when it is closed to help line it up if its off to sit tighter
I did not know that! Thanks.

Congrats on the car, it is a beautiful car! I love mine!

2004 Acura TL - Redondo Red Pearl (Retired)

2012 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD - Liquid Silver Metallic

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium w/ Luxury & Tech Packages - Snow White Pearl

2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Performance Package 6M - Race Red
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,
We just purchased a Cadenza over the weekend. Last night, I opened the trunk to look for a bag my husband may have left there. I used the fob to open the trunk, didn't see the bag and closed the trunk. Today, he couldn't open it and was FURIOUS! He called the dealership and they were UNABLE TO HELP HIM. They had him make a service appointment (which made him even more upset). When he got home from work, I tried to open the trunk via the fob - no luck. I tried via the switch on the drivers side door - no luck. I tried via the button under the trunk near the license plate - no luck. I opened the glove box and made sure that the valet trunk switch was set to ON/ALLOW - the fob wouldn't work. So, I set the valet trunk switch to OFF, tried the fob and it started working again. According to the internet, when I closed the trunk for the first time, I didn't close it hard enough so the CPU thought the trunk was still open (which was why the fob did not open the trunk when depressed for 2 seconds). If yours ever acts up, try the valet switch (change it from whatever setting its on to the opposite, try the fob and if it doesn't work, try the opposite and guaranteed, you'll be all set)! Wife to the rescue again!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page