Passenger Seat Too Low? - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Passenger Seat Too Low?

There have been a few comments on this forum regarding the passenger seat on the Cadenza being too low and not height-adjustable.

For any one interested, here (below) is a conversation on the Optima Forums wherein this is discussed. It seems that the Sonata suffers the same "shortfall" with their passenger seats. Some people seem to not have noticed, some are bothered by it, and some are neutral. There is, however, a company that has taken notice and designed seat riser kits for the Optima and Sonata.

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/5-...nger-seat.html

The question is: Have you noticed that your passenger seat is too low for your comfort? Does it really matter much to you (or your passenger)?

What say you?

KIA Proud!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My wife and another passenger both mentioned it and didn't like it. I don't know that it's a show stopper or worth an aftermarket fix but it should be a little higher or adjustable.

GoChill
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 04:20 PM
MBL

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased a small pillow like used on a kitchen chair from Walmart in the Kitchen isle area for $5.00 and it solved the problem for my passenger's regarding the seat being low. Cheap fix. Maybe with enough complaints the future Cadenza's will have this fixed. Enjoying my Cadenza so far.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 AM

It's close to a show stopper for us. We test drove a Cadenza yesterday. It's a lovely car but my wife couldn't see out from the passenger seat. What is especially frustrating is that the Azera has an adjustable height passenger seat, but I prefer the feel of the Cadenza to the Azera.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 02:52 PM

I agree the seat is too low. There is a link in that Optima thread for the seat height conversion kit to raise the seat. The kit is also available for the Cadenza. Looks like a very simple and inexpensive fix. The seat does not have to come out to install the kit and it there are only four bolts to loosen and tighten.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Comments from a passenger

My husband has the Limited. I am 5'2" and the seat is definitely too low. Adding a cushion takes away the heating and ventilating advantages, but the seat is uncomfortable at this height. I tried a generic cushion, but it flattened out relatively quickly. I have been trying to find a cushion that elevates me while not looking awful (the light gray leather interior is lovely). I thought I finally found the solution with the gray wedge Compact Tush Cush. It is exactly the right width for the seats and very comfortable, but it is so dense and distributes the weight so evenly that the seat sensor doesn't activate the passenger airbag system. I really don't want to mess with fooling the sensors so I am still in search of a better solution. My personal rant is that if this car has been available in South Korea for five years, why hasn't this been addressed? It's not as if we're talking about a nation of tall people. It leads me to believe that Kia has no intention of coming up with a solution.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 12:53 PM

Question additional info for previous post

I realized that I left off some info in my previous post. I have looked at the srautoshop conversion kit. It would raise the seat, but I wonder how safe it would be. There is the added problem of what happens if a tall person tries to use the seat. The elevation is constant once you install it, and our son and friends of my husband who might use the passenger seat are around 6 foot tall. I think this would put their heads too close to the ceiling? Has anyone used this kit, and would you please share what you know about it? Thank you!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 12:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Passenger Seat Riser Kit for the Optima/Sonata/Cadenza

Sorry to bump an old thread here.

However anyone interested in the passenger seat riser kit, can find it on our site below:

K5 Optima Store - (New) Passenger Seat Riser Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDay View Post
I realized that I left off some info in my previous post. I have looked at the srautoshop conversion kit. It would raise the seat, but I wonder how safe it would be. There is the added problem of what happens if a tall person tries to use the seat. The elevation is constant once you install it, and our son and friends of my husband who might use the passenger seat are around 6 foot tall. I think this would put their heads too close to the ceiling? Has anyone used this kit, and would you please share what you know about it? Thank you!
We have been selling this kit for some time now and have sold over 40 kits. There is absolutely no safety concerns with this kit as it would be no different if someone who was 1.5 inches taller than another person were to sit in the seat.

So if you're 5'9 and your wife is 5'7 this kit would merely bring the seat height to about the same as where you would be sitting in the seat without the kit installed.

The kit only raises the seat by 1.5 inches. So if you're 5'4 and your friend is 6'4, that's an entire foot difference. There is no way raising the seat 1.5 inches would affect anything whatsoever regarding safety.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 02:40 PM
lrj

Passenger seat too low

I recently purchased the 2014 Cadenza and so far I love the car. However, the one serious problem my wife and others have noticed is the passenger seat is just too low.

It also bothers me because while driving and talking with my wife, I don't like her being 6 or so inches below me. It just feels as if Kia just did not care about the passenger.

I will probably get the kit to rise the seat, but in the future I believe Kia should upgrade the passenger seat to have the ability to adjust the height.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
2015 Kia cadenza's already do have 6 way passenger controls. Although I am curious if anyone has done the seat riser yet? any problems?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page