Next car after Cadenza! - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Beezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Next car after Cadenza!

Turned my lease in about 2 months ago on the ol Cadenza... she was a great car... no issues at all!





Since im back selling KIA I think im going a different route on my next ride... I had considered going with a 2017 Cadenza but im sure I'll be getting a Soul next.



Here are the plans...

Alpine ILX007 Head Unit (Has Apple CarPlay)



Focal 165 Components (Front and Back)



JL 12w7 (sealed) (powered by the JL XD600/1v2



18x8.5 Konig Oversteer (either white or black, not sure)



Clifford 5806x Alarm with Remote Start

Clifford - 5806X

and of course a full LED conversion... Headlights, Fogs lights, Blinkers, Reverse, Interior and looking into the LED flex ropes for some DRL work.

My plan is purchase the car at the end of the year so pay off a few other expenses that I have still (Pool, another auto loan, credit cards, etc.)

Here is a bad photoshop with out rubber attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ben soul.jpg (104.2 KB, 13 views)

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
Beezwax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Member
 
SimpsonTide985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
The new Soul doesn't look too bad.

I assume you've test driven it, played around with it already. How does the Soul drive?

I never even thought about getting one but I do like the idea of it.
SimpsonTide985 is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Beezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonTide985 View Post
The new Soul doesn't look too bad.

I assume you've test driven it, played around with it already. How does the Soul drive?

I never even thought about getting one but I do like the idea of it.
I like it... it's fun, sporty, simple and inexpensive... I work for a KIA dealership in the sales department so I can drive anything I want.

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
Beezwax is offline  
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Paul@K5OptimaStore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
That's a big change!! I did the sedan to SUV switch a few years ago, went from a 2012 Optima SX to a 2013 Santa Fe Sport. Love the extra space and still getting pretty good MPGs.

Any reason for the switch to an SUV?
Paul@K5OptimaStore is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Junior Member
 
rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwax View Post
I like it... it's fun, sporty, simple and inexpensive... I work for a KIA dealership in the sales department so I can drive anything I want.
Sounds like business is not booming in the sales department recently.
SimpsonTide985 likes this.
rainbow is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Dont know what my next car will be after this. I plan to drive the Cadenza until the wheels fall off.
diggy44 is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Beezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@K5OptimaStore View Post
That's a big change!! I did the sedan to SUV switch a few years ago, went from a 2012 Optima SX to a 2013 Santa Fe Sport. Love the extra space and still getting pretty good MPGs.

Any reason for the switch to an SUV?
just cause i can really... cars are just cars to me.. just something different

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Sounds like business is not booming in the sales department recently.
quite the opposite really bro... this is the slowest i've seen it in years... thats why im waiting til the end of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy44 View Post
Dont know what my next car will be after this. I plan to drive the Cadenza until the wheels fall off.
longest i've ever had a car for is 3.5 years

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
Beezwax is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
sh30469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
I'm thinking about buying it out after lease. Will be $22k but where else will I find a car this nice and that I KNOW has been taken care of the way I take care of mine? Already have the extended warranty.

Beezwax, is there an extended service plan you can get for the cars (oil changes/maintenance) through Kia or is that just dealership exclusive stuff? Or does Kia not offer that? I got my lease when they gave me the 3 yrs of maintenance with the car.
SimpsonTide985 likes this.

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
sh30469 is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Beezwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh30469 View Post
I'm thinking about buying it out after lease. Will be $22k but where else will I find a car this nice and that I KNOW has been taken care of the way I take care of mine? Already have the extended warranty.

Beezwax, is there an extended service plan you can get for the cars (oil changes/maintenance) through Kia or is that just dealership exclusive stuff? Or does Kia not offer that? I got my lease when they gave me the 3 yrs of maintenance with the car.
KUSA and KMF don't offer those added packages for warranty and service... that would be from the dealer... when KMF sends you your end of lease packet there will be options to buy it... you should be able to handle that at your dealership and add in the warranty and any service contracts at that time.

The issue I have with buying the lease is this... Since leasing gave us much lower payments than purchasing initially, I wouldnt want to pay 36 months of low lease payments and then finance it for another 4-5 years to finish paying it off. Many of us all leased at the same time and still owed about 24k on it when it's market value, even CLEAN RETAIL was less than that. I don't want to finance 24K for 36 months.... even at 1.9% that payment 680/mo

if I extended it longer than 36 month then I would have been making payments for 84+ months at $520/mo or 96 months at $420/mo to keep the same payments... I chose to lease it only to get the lower payments on a nicer car.
SimpsonTide985 likes this.

LIKE me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/benthekiaguy
Beezwax is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
sh30469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwax View Post
KUSA and KMF don't offer those added packages for warranty and service... that would be from the dealer... when KMF sends you your end of lease packet there will be options to buy it... you should be able to handle that at your dealership and add in the warranty and any service contracts at that time.

The issue I have with buying the lease is this... Since leasing gave us much lower payments than purchasing initially, I wouldnt want to pay 36 months of low lease payments and then finance it for another 4-5 years to finish paying it off. Many of us all leased at the same time and still owed about 24k on it when it's market value, even CLEAN RETAIL was less than that. I don't want to finance 24K for 36 months.... even at 1.9% that payment 680/mo

if I extended it longer than 36 month then I would have been making payments for 84+ months at $520/mo or 96 months at $420/mo to keep the same payments... I chose to lease it only to get the lower payments on a nicer car.
Wow... the situation for me is:

Buyout: $22k

so, $22k + 7% (IN tax), figuring 5% interest (high I know but trying for worst case), $4k down will only be about $365ish a month. Right now I am paying about #350 /mo and this is where I want to stay. I figure for 5 yrs I will still have my full warranty (got extended for 10 yrs) I will still have 2 yrs of warranty after my payments are done. Am I missing anything with this calculator? I know anything else I add on is not figured in there.

Auto Loan Calculator for New & Used Cars | DMV.org <-- calculator

2014 Kia Cadenza, Metallic Bronze and Beige, Lux Package

Leased 3/1/14
Purchased 1/28/17

Additions:
-Full Korean K re-badge
-Ultra Racing Performance front strut tower bar
-Racing sport pedals

Cadenza products available at: https://www.k5optimastore.com/collec...denza-products
sh30469 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome