Trunk carpet lining removal - Kia Cadenza Forum
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Trunk carpet lining removal

I'm interested in getting to the factory sub to wire in a Line Output Converter to send to a bass amp. Trouble is, I don't really understand the clips holding the upper trunk lining that hides that speaker. I pulled the rubber trunk seal to expose some lip hooks, but then the next row of clips don't just pop out. first one broke, I backed off at that point since I don't have all the parts for the rewire yet anyway, I was just familiarizing myself with the layout.


I'm guessing a narrow needle nose to compress the clip going into the metal is the way to go, but I would have figured this to be much simpler detach than that. Any advice is welcome!
MadMax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Olympia WA
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i would recommend tapping into the wire at the amp location itself...on the lower right side of the trunk. much less removal process. good luck!
Every1zgot1 is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Yooshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage
I'm assuming we're talking about piece "4" in the attached picture? Looks like it has clips on the bottom, and plastic screws on the top. Those plastic screws on the outside have to be turned to release them. The middle screw looks like one of those that cab popped out.

Hard to tell from the pic though.
Attached Images
File Type: png Trunk.PNG (109.3 KB, 75 views)
Every1zgot1 likes this.
Yooshaw is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Jake Jesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I yanked it and I broke all of them. I dynamated the whole piece
Jake Jesty is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooshaw View Post
I'm assuming we're talking about piece "4" in the attached picture? Looks like it has clips on the bottom, and plastic screws on the top. Those plastic screws on the outside have to be turned to release them. The middle screw looks like one of those that cab popped out.

Hard to tell from the pic though.


That picture shows everything but the panel I'm looking to remove. It's the one underneath the back window essentially...
MadMax is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Every1zgot1 View Post
i would recommend tapping into the wire at the amp location itself...on the lower right side of the trunk. much less removal process. good luck!


Right, as in passenger side? I saw a thread here earlier talking about pink being the power on wire at that amp, what colors for one of the sub speaker outputs? I don't want to tap a door, I figure because of stereophonics it's best to tap an already mono output so I don't miss any of the signals...
MadMax is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Yooshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
That picture shows everything but the panel I'm looking to remove. It's the one underneath the back window essentially...
According to Kiatechinfo, you'll have to remove the rear seats and the trunk trim to get to the package tray trim (see picture). There are some screws/bolts inside the trunk and behind the rear seats.

The subwoofer comes out on it's own though - not sure what you are trying to accomplish by taking it all apart.

Best to get on Kiatechinfo and take a look, good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: png Tray Trim.PNG (70.1 KB, 73 views)
Every1zgot1 likes this.

Last edited by Yooshaw; 10-16-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Yooshaw is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Yooshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Right, as in passenger side? I saw a thread here earlier talking about pink being the power on wire at that amp, what colors for one of the sub speaker outputs? I don't want to tap a door, I figure because of stereophonics it's best to tap an already mono output so I don't miss any of the signals...
Passenger side. See attached wiring diagram for the wire colors. Looks like pink/brown or Orange is ACC (Amp is fed two power lines). You can see the other wire colors for the various speakers. Color code is next to the wire (O=Orange, P = Pink, R=Red, etc)

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: png Amp.PNG (64.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: png Amp2.PNG (49.6 KB, 59 views)
Every1zgot1 likes this.
Yooshaw is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
**** man, that's some service! Thanks for the diagram! No need to get to sub at this point, i'll tap the amp.
MadMax is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Yooshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
**** man, that's some service! Thanks for the diagram! No need to get to sub at this point, i'll tap the amp.
Kiatech info - that website is the sh**! If you haven't used it, you gotta learn it, can tell you anything about the car.
Every1zgot1 likes this.
Yooshaw is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome