User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reset Navigation

Hello,
I have a 2014 and ordered traffic for the nav but it won't go on. Sirius says to take it to the dealership and have the nav reset. Any idea on how I can do this myself? I'm sure it's some simple button combination.
Thanks
-Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Never mind - figured it out - hold down the FM and Map button at the same time to reset.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
traffic in nav

I have to traffic service also. I would like to know after the reset did the traffic work thanks in advance. also will does it work when you are not on a planed route

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpjr1970 View Post
Hello,

I have a 2014 and ordered traffic for the nav but it won't go on. Sirius says to take it to the dealership and have the nav reset. Any idea on how I can do this myself? I'm sure it's some simple button combination.

Thanks

-Rich

Hey there, I was curious if the reset helped your traffic issue? My traffic doesn't come on anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Cadenza Limited / Tech Package
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Just FWIW.... I think Sirius traffic is useless. Has never been accurate about construction, does not offer an alternative route, and just clutters up the display. I have actually turned it off.

Garmin traffic (on my model 1930 GPS) was actually accurate and helpful. It even showed how many minutes your drive would be lengthened by the delay.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swive View Post
Just FWIW.... I think Sirius traffic is useless. Has never been accurate about construction, does not offer an alternative route, and just clutters up the display. I have actually turned it off.

Garmin traffic (on my model 1930 GPS) was actually accurate and helpful. It even showed how many minutes your drive would be lengthened by the delay.
I think it depends on where you live, for me, in Louisville, KY, it works fine. It's a little delayed on updating traffic colors, but typically if it shows anything but green, it should be red.

Detours work constantly when on a planned route.

Dunno, maybe its hit and miss per city?

-Scynthyace
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Hello all,
The reset worked for me - I held down the map and FM button for about 15 seconds and it reset the radio. The traffic then activated itself and I had to re-enter all the radio presets. The traffic will work if you are not on a planned route - it shows up color coded on any main road you are on or around. I live in New England and travel between New York and Boston and find that the traffic is pretty reliable - I would say it's accurate about 80% of the time. However, Google Maps on my mobile phone is definitely much more reliable. I find that the factory navigation will often tell you there is traffic but rarely says why (accident, construction etc.) I was discussing with my wife and we figured that with the cost of yearly upgrades and the 80% reliability, next time we're going to save our money and buy a Garmin with free lifetime upgrades - seems more practical from a financial perspective. Of course, in a Cadenza, the nav is standard.
-Rich
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I could've sworn I did a reset by taking a pen and pushing the little dot somewhere by the CD drive.....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page