User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Sirrius sound quality and $ub$cription fee$

The purchase of my Cadenza a month ago came with a 3 months trial for SirriusXM satellite radio. Listening most of the times Ozzy's Boneyard I found out the sound quality is pretty bad, it was the same with my 2015 Optima. Some other channels seems to have better sound quality, but I don't like their style of music. Seriously the sound is awful and I barely can stand it for 30 minutes. Regular FM is far better.

With $115 paid annual subscription (since I have a free trial) is that sounds any better? And for those who buy the subscription, have you been able to bargain a fairly price (I remember the offer they made me at $110/y with my Optima...) What is the lowest price you paid for the subscription?

Too bad btw they removed channel 102

-Today, we're making history!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Yeah, I've at 2 runs with the free sat, both times I listen to it for about 2 days and say Fug it, it sounds real bad on most of the channels, some of the hiphop pop stuff sounds a little better, but for the most part it's a tin can. To note, I tested a 16 Genesis just for the fun, and Sat in that thing also wasn't nearly as good as your own music, or even spotifiy, salesman was running through a bunch of sounds so I could get the real experience.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Oh, forgot to mention, I'm also not fond of sat, because I can search for sh!t for 15 minutes, get to work, and still not found sh!t to listen to...it's a compete waste of my time, besides sounding like crap.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I love my Sirius I listen to CNN/MSNBC 16 pop music channel as well s the Channel 6 and 7 music from the 60's and 70's. I have had some issues though. I traded in my k900 and i subscribed to traffic on my GPS which I found relatively good. When I changed over to my 2016 Cadenza the mapping service through my system off and it took about two months to determine that the Cadenza in Canada is not compatible with the traffic service. As for pricing every year I negotiate some discount.A few years ago it was 50% but I doubt I could get that now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page